8 month old german shepherd puppy ears will not go up.?

I have a 8 month old male german shepherd puppy. Only one of his ears is up I think its the right one but the left one is down. (the base is up but the tip folds over) His parents both have ears erect, and i have seen his ears up before when he was small…

I have a 8 month old male german shepherd puppy. Only one of his ears is up I think its the right one but the left one is down. (the base is up but the tip folds over) His parents both have ears erect, and i have seen his ears up before when he was small…...
    General Dog Discussions : 8 month old german shepherd puppy ears will not go up.?...

• 8 month old german shepherd puppy ears will not go up.?

8 month old german shepherd puppy ears will not go up.? General Dog Discussions
      I have a 8 month old male german shepherd puppy. Only one of his ears is up I think its the right one but the left one is down. (the base is up but the tip folds over) His parents both have ears erect, and i have seen his ears up before when he was small around 13 weeks, i still do see it up especially when hes playing, or its windy. Will his ears eventually go up?

8 month old german shepherd puppy ears will not go up.? General Dog Discussions
    • I cant say for sure that the will or will not (but they should).To help strengthen the muscles that support your dogs ears being erect you need to make sure that he has plenty of raw meaty bones to chew on.

• No, it's too late now. At this point, you know you have an adorable, floppy eared GSD. I had one too. He was so cute and goofy that his floppy ears suited him. You could have taped them to make them stand but it's too late now.

• Sometimes they go up and sometimes they do not. I had a soft-eared (one ear) shepherd. Gluing and taping didn't work, and it's just silly.Your dog's personality doesn't change because of his ears!If you were planning to show him, you may want to have a conversation with the breeder. Otherwise, be glad this is his only "defect."Good luck with your puppy!