What are some small, non-shedding dogs?

We're planning to get another dog. It has to be a small non-shedding one. Please don't say a minature poodle, because we already have one. And it has to be a small one, so don't suggest a lab or something like that. Please and thank you. :)And please…

What are some small, non-shedding dogs?

We're planning to get another dog. It has to be a small non-shedding one. Please don't say a minature poodle, because we already have one. And it has to be a small one, so don't suggest a lab or something like that. Please and thank you. :)And please…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are some small, non-shedding dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Maltese or check out local shelter. Many times you'll find a small dog at shelters that have been given up for whatever reason.

• Yorkies have hair not fur. They dont shed.You might see a hair ball every great once in a while but htats about it. MY mom bred ch yorkies my whole life and we never had a shedding problem.They do bark but WHAT other sound does a dog make?? I have 3 pit bulls and when they open their mouth a bark magically comes out.lol people can be so stupid sometimes

• Mexican Hairless, a Chinese Crested. A Peruvian Inca Orchid, and there is another Mexican dog I can't think of the name of it.Even if certain breeds of dog that are shedders are mixed with so called non shedders, they can get the genes from the shedding side of mix and still shed. So any thing mixed with a poodle could be a shedding dog.

• what do you want from a dog? And why not get another poodle?Poodles, Bichon Frise, bedlington terrier, etc are all breeds in the low-non shed category. Call a few breeders or check the AKC/ANKC list of dog breeds for more help!ETA I've seen some yorkies shed like crazy!

• Well all dogs shed, but some more than others. All Poodle types, Yorkshire Terriers, Bichons, Shih Tzus, Affenpinschers, and Malteses are all Small Dog Breeds that tend to have low shedding. Of course, you also have an option of getting a mixed breed. Perhaps a Cockapoo, Miniature Goldendoodle, Miniature Labradoodle, or other Poodle mix breed may be good for you. I would suggest a Cockapoo. Hope I helped! =)

• There are several pure breed and mix breed dogs that do not shed and are considered hypoallergenic.Here are the more common small pure breed dogs that do not shed other than the Poodle:YorkiesBasenjiDandie Dinmont TerrierBrussels GriffonShih TzuAffenpinscherBichon FriseMalteseBedington TerrierAmerican Hairless TerrierCairn TerrierChinese CrestedHavaneseCairn TerrierNorwich TerrierMiniature SchnauzerLowche