Medium to Large low-dander hypoallergenic dog breeds?

I want to get a low dander or hypoallergenic dog, but I don't want one of those little toy breeds. So far I've heard that the native american indian dog and samoyeds are good medium/large breeds for people with allergies. Anyone know of any similar sized…

I want to get a low dander or hypoallergenic dog, but I don't want one of those little toy breeds. So far I've heard that the native american indian dog and samoyeds are good medium/large breeds for people with allergies. Anyone know of any similar sized…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Medium to Large low-dander hypoallergenic dog breeds?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Medium to Large low-dander hypoallergenic dog breeds?

Medium to Large low-dander hypoallergenic dog breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
      I want to get a low dander or hypoallergenic dog, but I don't want one of those little toy breeds. So far I've heard that the native american indian dog and samoyeds are good medium/large breeds for people with allergies. Anyone know of any similar sized dog breeds that can be ok for people with allergies?

Medium to Large low-dander hypoallergenic dog breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have a 16lb miniature schnauzer that is hypoallergenic. If you are wanting something larger however there is a standard and a giant schnauzer. I have had schnauzers for 9 years and they are really one of a kind dogs. Very intelligent and trainable. They are loving and protective companions. You can never go wrong with a schnauzer.

• If I were you, I would go to your local Animal shelter and see which dogs you aren't allergic to. Just because thoes dogs are good for people with allergy, doesn't nessesarily mean that they won't give you allergies. Most dogs that I can think of )Hypo-Allergenic) are small dogs. I have a toy poodle and they are great. Why don't you get a standard poodle? They are medium - big and are mainly hypoallergenic and low shedding. But like i said its not guaranteed not to give you allergies. Anyway, good luck

• Nope those breeds are NOT good for allergy suffersSamoyed Shed like anything. a Sneeze attack waiting to happen.A native american indian dog is a recreation of the original dog, which means its also not low shedding. its a scam by bad breeders.Hypo means less allergies. NOT non allergicThe true low shedding breeds you should be looking intoComplete List of AKC Recognized BreedsAffenpinscherAiredale TerrierAustralian TerrierBasenjiBedlington TerrierBichon FriseBlack Russian TerrierBorder TerrierBouvier des FlandresBriardBrussels GriffonCairn TerrierChinese CrestedDandie Dinmont TerrierGiant SchnauzerGlen of Imaal TerrierGreyhoundHavaneseIrish TerrierIrish Water SpanielItalian GreyhoundKerry Blue TerrierKomondorLakeland TerrierLöwchenMalteseMiniature SchnauzerNorfolk TerrierNorwich TerrierPolish Lowland SheepdogPoodlePortuguese Water DogPuliScottish TerrierSealyham TerrierSilky TerrierSoft Coated Wheaten TerrierSpinone ItalianoStandard SchnauzerTibetan TerrierWelsh TerrierWest Highland White TerrierWire Fox TerrierWirehaired Pointing GriffonYorkshire TerrierCesky TerrierXoloitzcuintliThink some of these are low shedding. these are rarer breeds so i haven't found 100% accurate information on theseBarbetBelgian LaekenoisBergamascoBerger PicardBologneseBracco ItalianoCoton de TulearLagotto RomagnoloPeruvian Inca OrchidPortuguese PodengoPortuguese Podengo PequenoPumiSpanish Water Dog

• No dogs are truly hypoallergenic, and someone with a severe dog allergy will be allergic to all dogs, regardless of breed. The Native American Indian Dog and the Samoyed are both HORRID choices for people with allergies. Both breeds are double-coated and shed excessively, and whoever told you they were good for people with allergies has no idea what they are talking about. Large dog breeds that are lower-allergen include the Greyhound, Standard Poodle, Standard or Giant Schnauzer, Portuguese Water Dog, Airedale Terrier, Irish Water Spaniel, and Bouvier Des Flandres.

• SOFT COATED WHEATEN TERRIERFOR SURE!I have a girl, Bailey! She is the sweetest dog! I know I'm biased but she really is!They are little balls of hair when they're puppies (black & brown hair)As they get older their hair lightens to a golden or cream colorMy dog was never quite the right color (by standards) but I think she's perfectShe's older now and has all white/white cream hair and gray ears SO CUTE!EnergeticLove their ownersPlayfulLoyalSweetI'm biased but that's my vote.. :D