What brand of dog food do you feed your dog?

Just wondering...When I get my puppy I'm thinking of buying her Iams puppy food but I'm not too sure, so I want to see what other people feed their dogs..BQ - Why do people say never to buy cheap dog food? Because for 5 years my mum has given our dog…

What brand of dog food do you feed your dog?

Just wondering...When I get my puppy I'm thinking of buying her Iams puppy food but I'm not too sure, so I want to see what other people feed their dogs..BQ - Why do people say never to buy cheap dog food? Because for 5 years my mum has given our dog…...
    General Dog Discussions : What brand of dog food do you feed your dog?...

• blue buffalo ...my dogs love it, and they no longer have any of the breed specific health issues..like skin problems.us

• I always fed my dog Iams, but I've been pretty broke these days. To save a couple of bucks I've been buying Beneful. An attentive owner will notice that their dog feels and looks healthier and more vibrant on a diet of quality dog food. Switch to cheap dog food (Ol' Roy, Pedigree, Alpo, etc.) and you will notice that their digestive health is different and more foul. Red dyes in dog food have been linked to cancer as well. Also, don't forget a couple of years back when cheap Walmart dog food made in China was recalled because it was killing pets. It's the same way for people that eat processed food full of additives and preservatives vs. one who eats nutritious and fresh quality food.

• I feed my dog Taste of the Wild. It is a good quality kibble, and yes, it is more expensive than other lower quality brands. A lot of the brands that people usually think are "healthy" brands are actually not healthy at all. They have too many fillers like corn that a dog would never eat in the wild. I am actually in the process of learning more about raw feeding, and do plan to switch my dog to raw soon. There is a really good website that rates dog foods, and explains why they have the rating they do. It is dogfoodanalysis.com. To get a really good food for your dog, go with the 5 or 6 star rated ones.

• I would not ever feed a complete food. My dogs get fresh tripe - can be a bit whiffy in the summer but they love it!! They also get, minced beef, raw chicken wings, pork and beef bones, rice, pasta, fruit and vegetables. I like to give them a varied diet as that is what they would eat in the wild. They would not eat dried kibble. Also how would you like to eat the same thing everyday for the rest of your life especially something as unexciting as kibble?

• When looking for a food you want to stay away from by-products, ground yellow corn, and any artificial flavors or colors. You want to get a premium food (basically a food that you HAVE to go to a pet specialty store to buy). When feeding a premium food, you may pay more per bag, but you will feed less and have less yard clean up (a big plus!) so in the long run it is actually cheaper. Nutro makes excellent food. They have 3 lines: Max, Natural Choice, and Ultra. With all three lines you will get an all natural, human grade food; no ground yellow corn, which is a filler and a big allergen among pups; no by-products, which can include heads, feet and intestines; and no artificial flavors or colors. Nutro also has the highest levels of essential fatty acids (Omega 3 & 6) to help promote healthy skin and coat and also reduce shedding. And all of their foods are 100% guaranteed! Max is your basic premium food, and probably the lowest priced premium food on the market. Natural Choice has added vitamins and minerals and has some formulas geared towards specific needs (i.e. sensitive skin, sensitive stomach, etc.). And Ultra is a holistic food with more fruits and vegetables, also known as "super foods."

• I feed Blue Buffalo, its a great dog food, its a little pricey but its all because of the quality. Iams is crap. When looking for a dog food, dogs cannot digest corn, and wheat and soy are not good for them, those three ingredients, found in all the cheaper brands give dogs stomach problems, ear problems, and skin/coat problems. Blue buffalo has none of those in it. I suggest feeding Blue, its easy to purchase too, its at all petcos and petsmarts.Its also human grade, that means you can eat it, unlike Iams or more then half the other pet food on the market today.