My dog loves the snow, but wont go potty in it?

I have a 1 year old Affenpinscher, and she loves the snow! She loves running in it and putting her face in it and just has a blast! But when it comes to potty time, she doesn't want to use the bathroom! We're kennel training her and her pup (who is now 5…

I have a 1 year old Affenpinscher, and she loves the snow! She loves running in it and putting her face in it and just has a blast! But when it comes to potty time, she doesn't want to use the bathroom! We're kennel training her and her pup (who is now 5…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : My dog loves the snow, but wont go potty in it?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dog loves the snow, but wont go potty in it?

My dog loves the snow, but wont go potty in it? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a 1 year old Affenpinscher, and she loves the snow! She loves running in it and putting her face in it and just has a blast! But when it comes to potty time, she doesn't want to use the bathroom! We're kennel training her and her pup (who is now 5 months old) and hes doing just great! He doesn't like the snow, but he KNOWS that once he pees and poops, he can go inside. So he does that right away. Melody on the other hand... Right when we take her outside, she just sits by the door and waits for us to take her back in, I put my foot down today and just brought in Bowser (the puppy). She has been outside for 20 minutes now (its a nice day today, so she isn't cold.) I have to leave for my class at 11am and I dont want her to get bladder infection while shes in her kennel. When she comes inside though, she pees on the carpet and poops in the kitchen! Its very annoying.Any tips?

My dog loves the snow, but wont go potty in it? Dog Breed Discussions
    • dogs don't really "get" this whole fascination humans have with elimination activity.they are trained where it is acceptable and where it is not.when presented with something new, they sometimes make bad choices.spend some time training your dog to get used to the snow, and she will be happy to comply.

• When she poops in the kitchen and you clean it up... throw it outside in an area you would like her to go in. When you take her outside to use the bathroom, show her the area. She'll likely smell her own feces and start getting used to the fact that she should probably go in the snow regardless of how pretty it is! xDThat and leaving her outside in it until she goes. She will HAVE to go eventually and she'll see that it's not as bad as she might think. With her feces in the yard and her getting used to smelling it there, it will help her over her speed bump.Good luck!