Do you feed your dog dried food, if so, what brand do you believe is the best?

I currently feed my 2 little dogs on Royal Canin dried food and they seem to do well enough on it. I was just wondering what other people believe is the the best brand of dog food?I used to feed them Iams until I read about the scandal of the experiments…

I currently feed my 2 little dogs on Royal Canin dried food and they seem to do well enough on it. I was just wondering what other people believe is the the best brand of dog food?I used to feed them Iams until I read about the scandal of the experiments…...
    General Dog Discussions : Do you feed your dog dried food, if so, what brand do you believe is the best?...

• Do you feed your dog dried food, if so, what brand do you believe is the best?

Do you feed your dog dried food, if so, what brand do you believe is the best? General Dog Discussions
      I currently feed my 2 little dogs on Royal Canin dried food and they seem to do well enough on it. I was just wondering what other people believe is the the best brand of dog food?I used to feed them Iams until I read about the scandal of the experiments carried out on dogs by the owners of Iams, (Proctor & Gamble).

Do you feed your dog dried food, if so, what brand do you believe is the best? General Dog Discussions
    • I feed my dog Nutro Natural Choice. Really good food for my pup that won't break the bank. He had severe dandruff and ever since I switched him to this brand it has cleared up and his skin is healthy and coat shiny! I love the stuff! It's dry kibble.

• Royal Canin is not a good quality food, neither is Iams. Read the ingredientsThe best food is Innova, Innova EVO, California Natural, Wellness, TWO, Canidae, Orijen, Eagle Pack Holistic etc.

• I feed California Natural dry. I would like to feed Innova EVO dry but it's too expensive for me right now. I feed CN because of the great price, and excellent quality. Great for a dog with allergies. I'm seeing great results.

• WE FEED OUR DOG ON DRIED FOOD ON THE ADVICE OF OUR VET NO SPCIFIC BRAND WAS METIONED BUT SOME ONE ELSE SAID GET THE CHEAPEST???WE DID NOT GO FOR THE CHEAPEST OR THE DEAREST YOU CHOOSE WHAT IS BEST???

• Well, since Royal Canin is on the recall list....again- I wouldn't feed it.I use Eagle Pack Holistic, and I really like it. I would also recommend Innova or Canidae.

• I feed "Merrick" and "Canidae".---There is no food that is the *best*, different individual dog may thrive on different foods. What is best for one may not be the best for the next. And just because a food is good quality, it doesn't mean it will jive the best for your dog.What you want to find is the HIGH-QUALITY food that *your dog* does best on.===Here is what you should look for in dog-food ingredients:1) When I chose a dog food, I chose one high meat content. I want to see preferably at least 2-3 out of the top 5 ingredients be meat or meat meal (first ingredient must be!). Meal is simply the meat with the moisture removed.2) I want to see higher quality grains, such as barley, brown rice, and oatmeal, instead of seeing wheat and corn. Or an alternative starch/carbohydrate such as potatoes or sweet potatoes.3) I don't want to see any byproducts.4) I don't want to see a lot of fillers (brewers rice, beet pulp,etc).5) I don't want to see preservatives that are believed to be carcinogens (BHA, BHT, ethoxyquin).6) I don't want to see artificial colorings such as the Red, Blue, and Yellow dyes.7) I don't want to see added sugars (sugar, corn syrup).8) I don't want to see mystery meats (meats identified only as "meat" or "poultry".)---Some foods that fit the above criteria:* Artemis (FreshMix)* Blue Buffalo* California Natural* Canidae* Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul* Eagle Pack Holistic Selects* EVO* Fromm* Innova* Merrick* Nature's Variety* Orijen* Solid Gold* Taste of the Wild* Timberwolf Organics* Wellness* ZiwiPeak.

• Royal Canin is a good brand of dog food. I have used that in the past. Currently I use Nuto Ultra. which is a great food as well if you have dogs with food allergies, and they were NOT on the recall list at all for the bad food.

• My dog has allergies to most meats so he has to have a diet of fish, rabbit, venison. (I haven't got round to the venison yet). With any of these his main diet is Wafcol salmon and potato biscuits.

• We recently switched to Blue Buffalo's Wilderness brand, but I've been hearing it's not available everywhere. I like it because it's got more meat content and is grainless. If I could convince my hubby though, I'd switch to a raw or barf diet =)