Do you feed your dog dried food, if so, what brand do you believe is the best?

I currently feed my 2 little dogs on Royal Canin dried food and they seem to do well enough on it. I was just wondering what other people believe is the the best brand of dog food?I used to feed them Iams until I read about the scandal of the experiments…

Do you feed your dog dried food, if so, what brand do you believe is the best?

I currently feed my 2 little dogs on Royal Canin dried food and they seem to do well enough on it. I was just wondering what other people believe is the the best brand of dog food?I used to feed them Iams until I read about the scandal of the experiments…...
    General Dog Discussions : Do you feed your dog dried food, if so, what brand do you believe is the best?...

• I feed my pit bull Sportmix lamb&rice,because he's alergic on corn. I love this food-and he does to.The other dog curently eats Royal Canin ultra sensible.I think that the best brand dosen't exist. Only thing that matters is if the dog likes it and if it's ok for him.I believe that quality food(the best) is the one which dosen't have any corn,beat pulp and brewers rice in it or too much sald and other additives and other non quality fillers.Oh,and lots of dried meat(at least 26%).

• Innova and Wellness are the best Ive seen.Both are out of my price range.Natural Balance has proven itself to be an excellent food. Nothing that shouldnt be there, high quality ingredients, and its slightly cheaper than Canidae which we were using before.

• I've never heard of any of the brands of dog foods anyone here has listed! lol. I feed my dogs Pro Plan. and it's suppose to be a very good dog food but it's kinda pricey :(

• Royal canin also test on animals unfortunately, i feed my lot burns and they thrive on it, working in animal rescue we avoid commercial food such as pedigree, bakers, iams, eukanuba becuase of the appalling state they keep there animals in whilst they test themheres a good website for youhttp://www.uncaged.co.uk/petfood.htm

• There are many great foods out there! I feed mine Canidae All Life Stages. It's high quality, it's healthy, reasonably priced, my dogs love it, and my dogs have never been sick, since they have been on it.

• Give them the one they enjoy most, just like us humans they will have their favourite foods, not always the most expensive. my little dog seems to eat one brand for a couple of months then suddenly stops eating it until I try another and we start all over again.

• we use James Wellbeloved dry food for all 3 of our dogsas it has no added colours, no added flavours and no added preservatives - all of which are believed to contribute to hyperactive behaviour in dogs, there is also no beef , wheat or dairy products used in their food as these are the ingredients most likely yo cause allergysHypo-allergenic to soothe skin problems too

• we feed our's eukenuba dried food. its suits them and the vet says it is on of the best. I like the way the have specific dried foods for breeds. We have 2 rotties who are prone to hip problems so the breed variety contains extra vitimins etc for them.

• I now believe that all dog food should exclude GRAIN, dairy food, beef, and beef derivatives.I was unaware of this until my sixteenth dog had problems. Having read of the dogs with various problems, the experts have convinced me. My past dogs had problems, however I never associated this with grain. Apparently grain creates acidity and this causes skin problems, anal gland problem and diarrhoea. Grain causes many other problems.I now give my dog a food which excludes GRAIN, DAIRY AND ANYTHING REMOTELY CONNECTED WITH BEEF. The food which she has is based on fish and the fibre is beet fibre. It is called Fish4dogs. She has been on this for several month. Now I don't know what to do about her poos, should I photograph them,frame them, or put them in the bin.

• I really like the Innova I feed my dog but of course it's hard to argue that it's the best, with all those other great dog foods lying around! I also usually recommend other brands to people who ask like Canidae, to help them find what's best for their dog.