Would you move your dogs food while they were eating?

For example, you realise there is something you need out the cupboard behind themWould you move the dogs food bowl while eating or wait until they have finished?

For example, you realise there is something you need out the cupboard behind themWould you move the dogs food bowl while eating or wait until they have finished?...
    General Dog Discussions : Would you move your dogs food while they were eating?...

• Would you move your dogs food while they were eating?

Would you move your dogs food while they were eating? General Dog Discussions
      For example, you realise there is something you need out the cupboard behind themWould you move the dogs food bowl while eating or wait until they have finished?

Would you move your dogs food while they were eating? General Dog Discussions
    • Probably just wait since it only takes my dog a couple of minutes to eat her food.But If I needed it urgently then I'd move it to somewhere she could still eat it.She doesn't mind me touching her food bowl but some dogs do.

• If your dog will not allow you to move their bowl while they are eating, there is a training issue. I consistently touch them, their bowls, ect from the time they are puppies to prevent any food aggression. If they are in my way and I need to get by, I will move their bowls and they don't have any issues with it.

• Cleveland 12/29/11Aaahauaahh,.!?!! It probably would be alright,.! Most Dogs would not mind very much,.. Exceptfor a few having an issue,.?!?Cats..however,.be different,.?! Most Cats do not want to be disturbed while eating,.! Theywould stick out a paw,..or worst,. Maybe,.scratch,,even bite,.! Yep,.?!Eliasis Yahwehei ( The Main Man )

• It depends on the dog, some have food aggression and can become violent if their food is disturbed. Ask yourself, "would I like it if someone moved my food so they could get something?" It's better to just wait until they're finished.

• I would move it. I am not afraid of my dogs and they are not food aggressive. I would make them back off the food so I can get to it then I would slide it the bowl over and get what I want and move on.

• You mean MY food, yes, I would as the dog owns nothing. I do it when I need to, the dog is in the way, etc, but, most of my dogs eat in their kennels so its not really something I deal with daily. Hope I helped.

• I would Absolutely move it. My dog is being taught that humans can touch his food bowl anytime. Sometimes I hold it up, sometimes I add meat or cheese to the bowl. The point is that he is not aggressive towards his bowl and trusts that his humans are always looking out for him and that he will never go without.

• if it is a new dog and doesnt know u very well the absoluty no or you might get bitten but if its a dog that you have had for ages then itl trust u so then you can i have one very old dog and a young dog but because my young dog knows me i can do anything and she wont bite sometimes old dogs can be a bit mody so be careful

• Yes I'd move the bowl. And in fact, at least once a week I make it a point to walk between my dogs and their food *while* they are eating, forcing them to back out of the way for a few seconds. Just a small but frequent reminder to them of who is the Boss. Though I wouldn't bother to do that with dogs that didn't have such stubborn, dominant personalities, because they wouldn't need it.

• I'd move the dog's food bowl out of my way.Not one of my dogs would bite me for doing so. I could put my face down by them and they wouldn't care. I don't even tolerate them getting snappy with each other - and they typically don't.