why wont my dog eat dog food?

My dog has never eaten dog food ever since we got her about 4 months ago. She loves every other type of food apart from dog food! I could give her a bowl of cereal, she would eat it all. Same goes for every other food I try to eat! She just won't eat…

why wont my dog eat dog food?

My dog has never eaten dog food ever since we got her about 4 months ago. She loves every other type of food apart from dog food! I could give her a bowl of cereal, she would eat it all. Same goes for every other food I try to eat! She just won't eat…...
    General Dog Discussions : why wont my dog eat dog food?...

• We give our dogs winalot casserole from the tins and mixer and they love it !!! Have you tried it ???

• no its because you have spoilt her they only way around what you have done is to take her away from all human food and leave dog food down for her try leaving something like bakers complete IE chicken one leave it in her dish to eat as and when she wants and don't give her anything else she will then eat it when she is hungry but don't leave tin dog food down as yet to long because if its down to long then you have the problem of flies that will pitch on the food and lay eggs then you have the problem of the dog eating that food and will cause the dog worms due to the flies laying eggs i had the problem you have with my dog i spoilt him by giving him what we where eating because he wouldn't eat dog food but it is a bad thing to do i had to learn the hard way you live you learn but i still give my dogs a roast dinner on a sunday cant help spoiling them can we i love my dogs they are my children they are my life

• Smart dog you have there. Commercial dog food is a bunch of unhealthy junk mixed together. Very little of it is safe, especially with this latest dog food recall. You can feed your dog a homemade diet based on meat, some carbs, and veggies. This is healthier than commercial dog food. I have a blog at http://www.homemadehealthypetfood.com that will provide you with more information.

• thats because you spoil herall dogs prefer human food, the longer you feed it to her, the more she will get used to it and refuse to eat her own food. she could become overweight or develop health problems if she doesn't eat the right diet. dogs can be like children they want what you want, try to tempt her with it, treat her own food as a reward rather than a chore. if she still refuses then give her her own food in a bowl and don't give her anything else, she won't let herself starve, she'll eat it and get used to it. also, when my dog was a puppy, i had to mash up dried food with water to make it easier for her to consume.

• Never feed your dog Iams or any other advertised commercial dog foods. They are extremely bad and can even cause cancer.They have hooves,horns, beaks, chicken feet, intestines and chemicals in them. That is why your dog will not eat it . Choose from these great brands Innova, Canidae, solid gold, Merrick Timberwolf, Wellness,Orijen,Go Natural Grain Free,Newman's Organic,Organix Organic. They are harder to find but the manufacturers will usually ship to your door. Please your dog deserves better.