why does my puppy pee everywhere when I go to take her out?

I have a affenpinscher she is 7 months old and when I get home from work and I go in to pick her up from her crate she starts peeing everywhere I have tried everything to stop her from doing this even when we wake up in the morning I go to her bed and…

I have a affenpinscher she is 7 months old and when I get home from work and I go in to pick her up from her crate she starts peeing everywhere I have tried everything to stop her from doing this even when we wake up in the morning I go to her bed and…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : why does my puppy pee everywhere when I go to take her out?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• why does my puppy pee everywhere when I go to take her out?

why does my puppy pee everywhere when I go to take her out? Dog Breed Discussions
      I have a affenpinscher she is 7 months old and when I get home from work and I go in to pick her up from her crate she starts peeing everywhere I have tried everything to stop her from doing this even when we wake up in the morning I go to her bed and try to pick her up and she has either already peed or is peeing right in front of me what should I do???

why does my puppy pee everywhere when I go to take her out? Dog Breed Discussions
    • it's normal for dogs to pee everywhere.....especially if they have been in their crate for a long time. don't worry about it...unless u think it is a real problem then talk to ur dogs vet.

• I would suggest that you take her on a walk and reward her when she uses the bathroom.You may also want to stand in the yard with her and reward her if she uses the bathroom outside, as well.Also, when she's done eating, I would suggest that you let her outside and then reward her when she uses the bathroom.Another thing that you may want to do would be to try to use Puppy Pads and see if your dog will use the bathroom on those.Good luck and I hope I helped you!

• How long do u leave her in the crate? Do u hold your urine for that long a period of time? Between excitement and submissive urination and just not being able to pee for an extended period of time, that's why she does it. Maybe u could find a dog walker to come around for an hour or so in the middle of your shift so your pooch gets some time out of the crate and a potty break. She's obviously not old enough to hold her urine for more than a few hours so take her out in the middle of the nite also til her bladder grows.

• how long has it been both times. I would suggest taking her out every three hours for one even while you are gone have someon come half way through the day to let her out and same with at night. I would also take in a clean catch to the vet to be tested for a UTI

• puppies have to go to the bathroom after they have been idle so when you get home let her go bathroom first then pick her upP.S. most dogs have to go 40 minutes after eating to so 40 minutes after diner let her out and i hope your not keeping her in a crate for the whole day when your at work put her in her own room when you go to work so she can move around

• that's normal i have a dog also if its a he its that he is marking his territory and if its a she than i don't really know but my dog pees like every minute so yeah but if u think something is wrong with her than you should take her to the vet

• I'm not familiar with that breed in particular but can offer some general comments. When you say "bed" is it a doggie bed, or do you crate her? Crating her may help as dogs usually try not to soil where they sleep. But make sure the crate isn't TOO big or she might soil one end and sleep in the other. Is she housebroken? As a general rule, puppies can hold themselves 1 hour for every month of their age, so if it is longer than that she simply may not be able to physically hold it. Does she have access to water while you are at work or sleeping? Try to minimize it. A lot of puppies will pee from the excitement of seeing you. Try to be nonchalant when you get her out, don't fuss over her until she has gone potty.

• okay well i have got the peeing thing down but my problem is my puppy poops in other places, but this is what the vet told me to do when you get up in the morning take puppy out of crate carry him/her to their designated spot, and then put her down, if you could block the are so he cant get out, after he goes, of course reward him, wether it be a treat or a happy tone from you then get his food and put back in crate to eat, wait about 20 - 30 min do the same, just dont let his feet touch the ground until he is in his spot try it on a day or two when you are home all day, it may help to do it all day for just one day, but then again im having the problem with the pooping all over so who am i to say, it does work if you stick with it

• It is natural for dogs to pee everywhere.It is mostly to set there territory thats why if your dog smells the place it is about to pee on it is seeing if a other dog has already as set their territory