What breed is best for an apartment?

My cousin is wanting to adopt a dog for her apartment next year. She has narrowed it down to a few breed so I figured that I'd ask on here what breed you think would be best.A.) Japanese Chin B.) PapillonC.) AffenpinscherD.) Miniature Alaskan HuskyE.)…

My cousin is wanting to adopt a dog for her apartment next year. She has narrowed it down to a few breed so I figured that I'd ask on here what breed you think would be best.A.) Japanese Chin B.) PapillonC.) AffenpinscherD.) Miniature Alaskan HuskyE.)…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What breed is best for an apartment?...

• What breed is best for an apartment?

What breed is best for an apartment? Dog Breed Discussions
      My cousin is wanting to adopt a dog for her apartment next year. She has narrowed it down to a few breed so I figured that I'd ask on here what breed you think would be best.A.) Japanese Chin B.) PapillonC.) AffenpinscherD.) Miniature Alaskan HuskyE.) Yorkshire TerrierF.) Silky Terrier

What breed is best for an apartment? Dog Breed Discussions
    • D) Miniaturee Alaskan Husky. << Ok u just named parts of breeds here. Alaskan MALAMUTE, SIBERIAN husky and a Miniaturee alaskan malamute' is called an Alaskan Klee Kai andthey'ree probably too expensive for u, as most range from $1500-$3000 USD.Chihuahuas are great apartment dogs.But pretty much, getting a dog is very much dependant on how much time u have to spend with it, grooming it, walking it and how much ur willing to pay to keep it. Chihuahua would be best as its low maintenance with its fur. Most small dogs will be OK in an apartment, granted they havesufficientt exercise and plenty of toys to keep them amused.

• Papillions a generally described as the perfect apartment dogs. But most of those breeds are great for apartments. It's really in the training and consistency with house breaking.A Miniature Husky would probably not be happy without a yard to run around in to burn off steam, even if he is well walked. Huskies love to run, so they need to have an appropriate outlet often.We have a Papillion and he is thriving in our apartment. He has a lot of energy and we take him for a few walks a day, but he is perfectly happy to burn off any extra energy playing inside, around our apartment. They are so intelligent and eager to please, other than house-breaking, training him has been so enjoyable and fun. He picks up things so quickly, it's really rewarding! Most of the toy breeds are a bit more challenging to house break, because they have such small bladders, it takes a VERY watchful owner to ensure there are no accidents. I would recommend a Papillion just because I LOVE our so much, but I think any of those breeds (except the Husky) could do great in an apartment.

• probably not a yorkie, they are hard to potty-train.japanese chins are quiet and don't bark, but they require a lot of attention and can't be left alone for too long.

• Japanese Chin for sure. They are one of the only small breeds that are not "yappy." Most chins bark very seldom, which is a big plus in an apartment where you share walls with neighbors who may complain about a barking dogs.Chins are also very adaptable to your lifestyle. Whether you want to take a walk or sit around and watch T.V., the chin will be happy just to be with you. They don't demand a great deal of exercise.It might be best to get an adult chin that is already paper trained, if you work and don't have time to be at home to train it. Japanese Chin rescue can help you to find one that would work for you/japanesechinrescue.org