Has anyone used the vaccine Giardiavax for their dog?

If so what was the reuslt? And do you know if this vaccine is available in Canada and what the rough cost may be?

If so what was the reuslt? And do you know if this vaccine is available in Canada and what the rough cost may be?...
    General Dog Discussions : Has anyone used the vaccine Giardiavax for their dog?...

• Has anyone used the vaccine Giardiavax for their dog?

Has anyone used the vaccine Giardiavax for their dog? General Dog Discussions
      If so what was the reuslt? And do you know if this vaccine is available in Canada and what the rough cost may be?

Has anyone used the vaccine Giardiavax for their dog? General Dog Discussions
    • I work in a shelter in Indiana we give all our dogs the vaccine with little side effects. We have a lot of problems with giardia in our shelter. Dogs and puppies can get the vaccine as early as 8 weeks depending on the size of the dogs.We give them 2 vaccines a few weeks apart. After giving the shot we have to keep a close eye on the dogs for side effects which include vomiting and shock. We started vaccinating our dogs 3 months ago because of our outbreak and so far we have vaccinated over 200 dogs with no negative side effects. We are surrounded by 101 lakes in our county and we get in a lot of strays who have drank bad water and that is how they get the giardia. Giardia is fairly easy to treat when caught first treated with panacur for 3 days then metro for 10. I recommend the vaccine without a doubt. One note humans can get giardia. My coworker got it and it was quite painful but treatment was easy. The cost here in Indiana is $14.00 per shot total $28. They need the shot yearly.