10 Week Old Dog threw up worms 3 hours after deworming?

My 10 week old Jack Russell just threw up 1 white worm about 3 or 4 hours after I dewormed her. My vet personally recommended the dewormer when we gave her her 1st vaccination yesterday. She seems in good health now. Running around, playing etc. She…

My 10 week old Jack Russell just threw up 1 white worm about 3 or 4 hours after I dewormed her. My vet personally recommended the dewormer when we gave her her 1st vaccination yesterday. She seems in good health now. Running around, playing etc. She…...
    General Dog Discussions : 10 Week Old Dog threw up worms 3 hours after deworming?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 10 Week Old Dog threw up worms 3 hours after deworming?

10 Week Old Dog threw up worms 3 hours after deworming? General Dog Discussions
      My 10 week old Jack Russell just threw up 1 white worm about 3 or 4 hours after I dewormed her. My vet personally recommended the dewormer when we gave her her 1st vaccination yesterday. She seems in good health now. Running around, playing etc. She hasn't shown any symptoms of illness previously. Should we take her to the vet tomorrow? Is it serious?Any more details, please contact me.She never had worms before.

10 Week Old Dog threw up worms 3 hours after deworming? General Dog Discussions
    • No it isnt serious. Trust me you want those worms out of her. It is common for dogs to vomit after being dewormed (when the medicine reaches the worms it causes them to expand) and since it was 3-4 hours past the deworming it means the medicine was absorbed so I am thinking that the medicine is just doing its job. She may have diarrhea as well.(ADD) . She can not get worms from the dewormer so it is only logical to say that she did infact have to have worm prior to her worming. One of my girls had worms (tape worms) for MONTHS with out us knowing. It got so bad that I found one hanging out her but. These worms and worm eggs do not show up on normal fecal. I was so upset about it. It is normal for young puppies to have worms. Be glad you caught it when she was still 10 weeks. And make sure in 6-8 weeks (or when she goes back to the vet for her next round of shots) to de worm her again.