What are the most easy going dog breeds?

I want a laid back dog for a very cold climate to go fishing with me and beachcombing. Gentle/patient with children and with moderate to easy grooming. Any ideas?

I want a laid back dog for a very cold climate to go fishing with me and beachcombing. Gentle/patient with children and with moderate to easy grooming. Any ideas?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are the most easy going dog breeds?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are the most easy going dog breeds?

What are the most easy going dog breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
      I want a laid back dog for a very cold climate to go fishing with me and beachcombing. Gentle/patient with children and with moderate to easy grooming. Any ideas?

What are the most easy going dog breeds? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I would suggest a Labrador Retriever. They are great with children and have minimal grooming needs. A Golden Retriever would be second. They are also calm and patient, but have longer hair and require a bit more grooming. You might try animal shelters - they often have mixes of these breeds that are reliable with children and well trained.

• I agree with the Newfoundland dog.You can find calm labs, but they seem to be rare. Every Newfoundland I have worked has been just as you described. Very cool dogs! The only downfall might be the grooming, but I don't think it would be too bad. If you are in a very cold climate and you want the dog to last you are going to have to weigh the options and get a nice heavy coat.

• Then you can choose caravan hound and Afghan hound there are good with childrens and can be useful for hunting and guardingyou can find details here caravan hound : http://dogs.tvkchaitanya.net/caravan-hound-or-mudhol-hound/afghan hound : http://dogs.tvkchaitanya.net/afghan-hound/