Should third party insurance be compulsory for dogs?

If your dog caused damage would you be able to pay, I see many questions on here about not being able to afford basic health care for dogs so how would these people pay for damages to persons or property caused by their dogs?

If your dog caused damage would you be able to pay, I see many questions on here about not being able to afford basic health care for dogs so how would these people pay for damages to persons or property caused by their dogs?...
    General Dog Discussions : Should third party insurance be compulsory for dogs?...

• Should third party insurance be compulsory for dogs?

Should third party insurance be compulsory for dogs? General Dog Discussions
      If your dog caused damage would you be able to pay, I see many questions on here about not being able to afford basic health care for dogs so how would these people pay for damages to persons or property caused by their dogs?

Should third party insurance be compulsory for dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • Actually unless there is an exemption on the insurance its always on the homeownwers - which makes it difficult for people with breeds with a high number of claims to GET homeowners.

• Most people never consider this and the majority don't care.I agree that this should be compulsory; however I do not know how this could be enforced. My household insurance includes cover my dogs. Thankfully I have never needed to take advantage of this. In addition to this, I have health insurance for my dogs. The fact remains that people are given dogs or buy them for a low price from BYB's. People buy dogs on a whim without considering their future and the fact that they should be insured.Ignorant and uncaring people buy a puppy and leave it alone all day. Then they wonder why the puppy screams and cries when it is left in a cage. They are perplexed when a puppy or an older dog urinates in the house and why it is miserable and lonely. Often their dogs become aggressive hooligans because of the lack of socializationInsurance or the lack of it will never help neglected dogs. Until we can stop animal cruelty and neglect, there is no way that anyone can enforce insurance.