List your reasons why you think dogs are better pets than cats?

what the ... oh god noooooo ... why did yahoo recommend and put this in the cat section? This is meant for the DOG section!

what the ... oh god noooooo ... why did yahoo recommend and put this in the cat section? This is meant for the DOG section!...
    Dog Breed Discussions : List your reasons why you think dogs are better pets than cats?...

• List your reasons why you think dogs are better pets than cats?

List your reasons why you think dogs are better pets than cats? Dog Breed Discussions
      what the ... oh god noooooo ... why did yahoo recommend and put this in the cat section? This is meant for the DOG section!

List your reasons why you think dogs are better pets than cats? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Here are all my reasons-Dogs are fun-Dogs are loyal-Dogs are devoted-Dogs are loveable-Dogs love you-Dogs are cute-Dogs are playful-Dogs are a mans best friendThis is a funny quote I saw on a sign at a store;-Dogs have owners, while cats have staff!Haha so true

• Dogs are actually more sensible...they are after all "Man's best friend".A well trained dog will definitely listen to it's master's words.A cat is more play full...by nature.Dogs are fun to play with and you need to pamper a cat...a lot...!

• I like cats and dogs...but...1) Dogs can come places with you2) Dogs can be trained3) Dogs can go into pet shops LOL4) Dogs are cuddly5) Dogs can protect us6) Dogs are dogs....Megziebananas :)

• Dogs are very playful, they listen to you when you call them. They play with you even if they look like they are not in the mood, they do it for you, the loyalty part of them I guess.. :)Cats will make you do what THEY want, they don't much care for what you want. lol But I still love them! :)

• I love dogs to death <3 But im a cat loving since ive had this one cat my ENTIRE life.But i admit..i do think dogs are better pets. :( (stil a cat person!!)- More playful- more active- I think they bond better with the owner- StrongerBut they do cause more damage to houses then cats, and cause more trouble

• I love dogs. I don't really like cats. I'll just copy and paste my blog post:1. Dogs are unique. I know you cat lovers out there says “there is an ugly dog contest” but that's because dogs are more unique and comes in different shapes and sizes. But cats only come in colors.2. Dogs can protect. Dogs are used as guards and are in the military. Even little dogs can hunt. A dachshund can hunt the deadliest rodent, a badger. Dogs can hunt bears, snakes, rodents, alligators, birds and water game.3. Dogs are smarter. I know lots of people say cats are smart but they are, but not smarter than a dog. A Poodle once read a command on a paper and did the command. Here is proof http://www.ippgazette.com/Issues/V4-4/Do… also a Border Collie multiplied cups (check Pet Star on Animal Planet)4. Dogs are cleaner. Cats can lick themselves but dogs can lick themselves too! The breeds Basenji and Afghan Hound have a cat-like personality and can clean themselves. And not all dogs drool. Look at the picture up there, do you think the dog would drool? Only dogs with a smushed in face can drool. But people actually kiss the cat and get the saliva germs from it. Dogs mouth is cleaner.5. Dogs can be independant too. Dogs can be left alone for hours. Cats can also too.6. Some dogs don’t actually need excercise. Smaller breeds like the Shih Tzu and the Maltese don’t really nead a lot of excercise.7. Dogs can be housebroken. Dogs can be trained not to potty in the house. You don’t have to take them outside in harsh climates, instead you can use a pee pee pad or a litter box. Cat’s litter boxes smell and stink up the house. Cats might also potty in the house too, not only in the litter boxes and makes accidents everywhere.8. A research shows that dog owners usually have families and wife/husband. Cat owners usually graduate in colleges. And dogs get the ladies/guys. Guys with cats shows them that they are sensitive and gay. But dog owners look tough and cool.9. Dogs make you live longer. Cats purr to lower blood pressure. And dogs do that too. Also if you walk a dog, you get the excercise you need to live longer.10. Dogs are worshiped. Dogs have been worshiped for thousands of years, and anyone who steals them, gets killed. Dogs can see ghosts and thats why they are worshiped.

• I love both and I never understand why people who like one or the other feel like they have to prove one is "better". And a lot of the reasons people have listed here about dogs are things I see very much in my cats like bonding with their people, playfulness etc. (But I have Siamese cats which are often compared to dogs for their loyalty, more attached to people than places, and doing "doggy" things like playing fetch.) So I don't think either is inherently better, BUT here are some reasons I think make dogs good companions: ... easier to train to be obedient since they are pack animals ....and therefore generally easier to compete in many different kinds of sports which can be fun for both the dogs and humans ....will walk with you more readily and it's good exercise for you both (Some cats including mine do walk on leash but most don't exactly heel like a well trained dog ) ....a lot more able to protect you ( of course that depends on the size and protective instincts of the dog breed)