What dog breeds are common around your area?

We have a lot of Maltese where I live. But I have to say that GSDs are definitely in large numbers as well. We have 5 (that I know of) in my street alone. I'm not just asking about purebreds but also mutts as well. We also seem to have a lot of…

We have a lot of Maltese where I live. But I have to say that GSDs are definitely in large numbers as well. We have 5 (that I know of) in my street alone. I'm not just asking about purebreds but also mutts as well. We also seem to have a lot of…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What dog breeds are common around your area?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What dog breeds are common around your area?

What dog breeds are common around your area? Dog Breed Discussions
      We have a lot of Maltese where I live. But I have to say that GSDs are definitely in large numbers as well. We have 5 (that I know of) in my street alone. I'm not just asking about purebreds but also mutts as well. We also seem to have a lot of "maltipoos".. and many jack russell mixes.What about you?

What dog breeds are common around your area? Dog Breed Discussions
    • shepherds, hounds, beagles, labs and mixes of suchI also see a lot of chow mixes, husky mixes, shar pei mixessmall dogs, shih tzus, JRTs, rat terriers, dachshunds, chihuahuas, poodles and yorkies are probably the most common.. as well as mixes of those breeds.

• Where do I start? German Shepherd, Yorkshire Terrier, Mixes that I don't even know of, Chihuahua's, 'Cockapoo', Golden Retrievers, Black lab's, dalmatians, dachshund. You don't want me to go on and on, right?

• You know, go figure, but I seem to see a lot of mastiffs around here.. Primarily Mastiffs, but Bullmastiffs as well. I know two other houses that each have a Mastiff, and we've met our fair share of mastiff puppies at PetSmart. Then, of course, there are my two Mastiffs.Other than that, I suppose small Poodle/Shih-Tzu/Maltese/Yorkie-esque mixes are pretty common, along with a handful of Labs (or Lab mixes) and pits (or pit mixes).

• (I have only lived her for about a year) Hmmm, good question. I have seen about 5 German Shepherds, 2 beagles, 4 lab, 1 Cocker Spaniel/ Golden mix, 3 Pit Bull, 2 Dachshunds, 1 West Highland White Terrier, 1 Min Pin Mix, about 6 Yorkies, 2 Chihuahua, 1 Great Pyrenees, 1 Pit Bull/Lab mix, 2 Rottweilers, and i think that's it. Their must have been more, but i don't really remember! Oh, and 1 Schnauzer! there is more, its just not coming to me! But to some it up, there are tons of Yorkies in my city!EDIT: I forgot, 1 Wire Fox Terrier, 1 Australian Cattle Dog, 2 Great Danes, and 2 Australian Shepherd. 1 Bullmastiff, 1 Bull Terrier, 4 Shih Tzu

• There is a lot of people in my city and the cities around it that have pit bulls. i would have to say the majority of the dogs are pit bulls, pit bull mixes or lab's, lab mixes. but that is mostly with the lower class people. In the higher class like retired old ppl have small dogs like shih tzus and pomeranians. i have a chihuahua mix and a boxer.

• Husky's all shapes and sizes and mixes. I live in Northern Canada so we get a lot of Alaskan Husky's, we had a nutjob mutt breeding Sibes with Irish Wolfhounds, and any Sibe or Mal mix one can imagine.

• Oh boy let's see...We have Standard Poodles, Miniature Poodles, Toy Poodles, Two Chow Chows, A Giant Schnauzer, lots of American Pit Bull Terriers (no biting incidents WHATSOEVER), an Irish Wolfhound, a Great Dane, Beagles, A Siberian Husky, German Shepherd Dogs, Labradors, Two Dobermanns, two Shiba Inus, Golden Retrievers, Bulldogs, a Tibetan Terrier, Yorkshire Terriers, Dachshunds, Shih Tzus, Samoyeds, Australian Shepherds, Pomeranians, Viszlas, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Shelties, a Bull mastiff, Afghan Hound, a Rhodesian Ridgeback, a Shar Pei, Chihuahuas, Lhasa Apsos, a Basenji, a Lowchen, a Border Collie, American Eskimos, German Shorthair Pointers, a Westie, a Scotty, a Greyhound, Miniature Schnauzers, a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, a Springer Spaniel, a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, a Wirehair Fox Terrier, Bernese Mountain Dog, a Boston Terrier, and I think I even saw a Wirehair Pointing Griffon once. There are a lot of lab mixes, poodle mixes, German Shepherd mixes, Scent Hound mixes, and I even think I saw an Anatolian Shepherd dog mix.