My puppy is really bad at looking and smelling for things?

Shes 6 months old and is terrible at smelling things out and looking for things. Every time we go for a walk if the ball goes a bit to far ahead or lands in tall grass she can't find it. The other day it was resting on her leg and she couldnt find it!?…

Shes 6 months old and is terrible at smelling things out and looking for things. Every time we go for a walk if the ball goes a bit to far ahead or lands in tall grass she can't find it. The other day it was resting on her leg and she couldnt find it!?…...
    General Dog Discussions : My puppy is really bad at looking and smelling for things?...

• My puppy is really bad at looking and smelling for things?

My puppy is really bad at looking and smelling for things? General Dog Discussions
      Shes 6 months old and is terrible at smelling things out and looking for things. Every time we go for a walk if the ball goes a bit to far ahead or lands in tall grass she can't find it. The other day it was resting on her leg and she couldnt find it!? Just don't know if she could have something up with her eyes or nose, or if she is just a bit dense...In addition - she's a german shepherd so surely is supposed to be good at finding things??

My puppy is really bad at looking and smelling for things? General Dog Discussions
    • Lots of dogs are like this. Some breeds are better than others and thats why they are used as sniffer dogs by the police and other agencies. I have a Dobe who is useless at sniffing out things but my little Border Terrier can find anything we hide in the house.