Why are whole foods healthy for me and my family, but my dogs should eat heavily processed foods?

I've always wondered this. It makes no sense. One of my dogs has had a lousy, awful life until recently (I adopted her in October) and I want to spoil her rotten. She only has a few years left, so why not feed her roast beef?

Why are whole foods healthy for me and my family, but my dogs should eat heavily processed foods?

I've always wondered this. It makes no sense. One of my dogs has had a lousy, awful life until recently (I adopted her in October) and I want to spoil her rotten. She only has a few years left, so why not feed her roast beef?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why are whole foods healthy for me and my family, but my dogs should eat heavily processed foods?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why are whole foods healthy for me and my family, but my dogs should eat heavily processed foods?

Why are whole foods healthy for me and my family, but my dogs should eat heavily processed foods? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've always wondered this. It makes no sense. One of my dogs has had a lousy, awful life until recently (I adopted her in October) and I want to spoil her rotten. She only has a few years left, so why not feed her roast beef?

Why are whole foods healthy for me and my family, but my dogs should eat heavily processed foods? Dog Breed Discussions
    • www.preymodelraw.comFeed only raw meat, bone and organ.. the most unprocessed food you can feed! Your dog will live longer and healthier.. healthier diet = less vet bills.Roast beef is NOT too expensive to feed your dog.. depending on your earnings. Feed your dog the best diet you can afford. For some that may be mostly chicken quarters, for others that can be roast beef, quail, duck, etc.

• A biologically appropriate raw diet is great for dogs, when appropriately varied and balanced. They are carnivores and adapted to eat raw meats, and most dogs do wonderfully on a raw diet. Here are a few sites about formulating a good diet based on whole foods for your dog: http://www.rawfeddogs.net/ http://rawlearning.com/ http://rawfed.com/myths/feedraw.html Kibble is fed for convenience, not because it's best. And the caution against feeding "human" foods is because there are several foods we eat that are toxic to dogs, and a lot of what people tend to want to give their dogs is unhealthy and either high in fat, sugar, salt, or preservatives, not because there is an issue with feeding a dog an appropriately balanced homemade diet.

• Lots of companies don't care about your dog .They should be eating wholesome , healthy foods ..But the companies just want MONEY .Look online for dog food recipies , or buy a book .You're dog would love roast beef , but you want to make sure she gets the best out of the rest of her life ! Roast beef alone lacks all the stuff she needs .

• If course it makes no sense.... but we have all been brainwashed. Well lots have. Don't go with roast beef - just a completely raw diet.Anything that is in a bag of kibble can be obtained through natural sources. If it cannot be then I don't want it inside my dog anyway. But if this dog is old and you just want to spoil her then go ahead and give her the roast beef. Quality rather than quantity for me anytime.

• Do your research, their are many different kinds of diets you can feed your dog. Plus , their super premium dog foods that are very healthy .It depends on what you can afford and how dedicated you will be .You can actually shorten your dogs lifespan by not feeding it a good solid diet.

• You can but make sure there is no salt or sodium in the meat. When we eat healthy we cut out all fats and eat foods that are lower in calories and such.You can feed your dog all kinds of meat but for one thing they cannot have salt and if you start feeding a dog roast beef, you will end up feeding the dog roast beef the rest of it's life because the dog will not want to eat any thing else.You should feed your dog foods like we eat, fruits and vegetables providing there is no added sugar or salt and you mix the food up with the regular meal or alternate it.you can give your dog vegetables like : carrots, peas, string beans, broccoli in small amounts , sweet potatoes, squash, pumpkin, zucchini, etc,Then there are fruits like: apples, bananas, pears, peaches all pitted and cored, blueberries, cherries, raspberries, etc. so your dog can eat healthy just like you but you need to add these above.

• Not all dog food is bad, there are allot of good pets foods on the market.. There are holistic dog foods that you can feed your dog.. You just have to stay away from supermarkets, big chain Wherehouse stores, and those well know stores we all shop at... Even pet stores.. You need to find a pet supply in your area and get the pet food there... Stay away from foods that have> corn, wheat, soy, by-products, animal fat..Feeding her roast beef will not provide the proper nutrition she needs, regardless how man years she has left... Feeding her roast beef is not spoiling her, your not doing her any good by feeding her stuff like that.. You can feed raw just be careful she's not uses to it so it can upset her tummy.. Look up raw food for dogs...

• Because that's what dog food companies want you to believe, and don't even give me that "the vets sell science diet so it has to be good" crap either.Dogs are carnivores, the best diet for them is a raw diet of meat, organs and bones.You want her to be healthy and happy for the remainder of her life google Bones and raw meat for dogs.There are several good brands you can buy, pre packaged and there are a lot of forums and email lists on the subject.I used to feed my dogs "dog food", they had skin issues, they got cancers, they always had ear infections and it was hard to keep them from getting fat.I switched to a raw natural diet many years ago, the skin and coat issues cleared up, no ear infections, healthy happy dogs. My male Afghan Hound is now 13 years old and going strong, I look to have him for at least another 5 years, barring accidents. We also over vaccinate our dogs. Humans don't need vaccinations every year! Why do dogs?If wqe were to stop pumping them full of poisons they would be better off, but, Vets can't make money off of healthy dogs, dog food companies can't make money off of healthy dogs, pharmaceutical companies can't make money off of healthy dogs. Google Dr. Jean Dodds and vaccination protocols. Eye opening, to say the least.

• They shouldn't. I had a kelpie I cooked for every day of his life. He was ten days short of eighteen when he died. Barely any arthritis. All his teeth still white and strong. Good bone density. He had cancer of the jaw and I had to get him put down. But he walked down the road with me to get it done. (slowly...but he loved it...peed on every lampost we passed, like he knew it was his last chance to do it) I wasn't letting him go days or weeks in pain...not after that long of being the best dog in the world.Cook. I save all the vege peels and buy chicken and roo mince. A fresh bone every day and no fatty treats at all. They live longer and enjoy it all so much more.