At what age should I first get my bedlington puppy's coat clipped?

I don't want to have her show clipped but she will still need to have a hair cut a few times per year. It is not so long it needs doing but I don't want to leave it so late that the whole thing becomes scary for her

I don't want to have her show clipped but she will still need to have a hair cut a few times per year. It is not so long it needs doing but I don't want to leave it so late that the whole thing becomes scary for her...
    General Dog Discussions : At what age should I first get my bedlington puppy's coat clipped?...

• At what age should I first get my bedlington puppy's coat clipped?

At what age should I first get my bedlington puppy's coat clipped? General Dog Discussions
      I don't want to have her show clipped but she will still need to have a hair cut a few times per year. It is not so long it needs doing but I don't want to leave it so late that the whole thing becomes scary for her

At what age should I first get my bedlington puppy's coat clipped? General Dog Discussions
    • You should start getting her use to grooming at an early age if you have a dog that will be getting groomed often. You could get your own clippers and just get her use to the sound and the feel. Make the grooming time short at first. Take her to a good Groomer tell them you want to start getting your dog use to getting groomed. A good groomer will be able to help you.

• At our shop, we encourage anyone with a Terrier, Bichon, Poodle, etc. to bring them in for a "puppy groom" as soon as they have had all of their vaccinations (including Bordetella). The first groom usually consists of a brush out, bath, toe nail trim, blow dry, ear check, and tidy - just to get them used to the equipment, and being handled in those areas. We charge a very nominal, or no fee, to encourage the new owners to follow a regular grooming schedule. You don't want a puppy looking like an adult, as people tend to expect adult behavior, and it isn't necessarily good for them.