How important is genetic temperament in a dog?

And right behind that, how important is socialization? Is it important when this socialization occurs? How would you determine if a dog's behavioral issues come down to poor temperament and socialization, rather than it being a general training issue? I…

How important is genetic temperament in a dog?

And right behind that, how important is socialization? Is it important when this socialization occurs? How would you determine if a dog's behavioral issues come down to poor temperament and socialization, rather than it being a general training issue? I…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How important is genetic temperament in a dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Temperament is everything. I used to think that socialization made a good dog.....now I understand that genetic temperament makes a good dog and socialization just takes a good dog and makes it better. I have seen this in my own dogs. I have one dog that was abused, documented abuse not just suspected, however you would never know it. I doubt she was ever really socialized yet she is happy, outgoing, friendly and STABLE. I would trust her in just about every situation. On the flip side, I have one dog that was socialized, was raised in a good home with no abuse whatsoever however she is a mess. She's anxious, dog-aggressive and all around unstable that no amount of training has been able to fix.