I have 2 6month old lab cross dogs. What percentage of protein is best in their food.?

I have had lots of conflicting info. Some say adult dog food is best because muscle builds much faster than bone, other say that I should feed a high protein diet. They are very active. Will run all day if I let them.They are currently eating expensive…

I have 2 6month old lab cross dogs. What percentage of protein is best in their food.?

I have had lots of conflicting info. Some say adult dog food is best because muscle builds much faster than bone, other say that I should feed a high protein diet. They are very active. Will run all day if I let them.They are currently eating expensive…...
    General Dog Discussions : I have 2 6month old lab cross dogs. What percentage of protein is best in their food.?...

• I have 2 6month old lab cross dogs. What percentage of protein is best in their food.?

I have 2 6month old lab cross dogs. What percentage of protein is best in their food.? General Dog Discussions
      I have had lots of conflicting info. Some say adult dog food is best because muscle builds much faster than bone, other say that I should feed a high protein diet. They are very active. Will run all day if I let them.They are currently eating expensive puppy food which is 28 percent protein with the occasional egg. 3 kg of this costs the same as 10 kg of adult dog food with 18% protein. Which is best?

I have 2 6month old lab cross dogs. What percentage of protein is best in their food.? General Dog Discussions
    • I would not do 18%....My GSD mix is on Wellness and i think its 26%. I say 24-28% is ok for active dogs. you can try going down to 24% or 26%, but I'm not sure if its necessary.