Why does my puppy have diahorrea every day?

I have a 17 week springer spaniel. All vacs,wormed.using frontline looks lovely and healthy. I feed him on a dry mix which he seems to enjoy. Every day he has diahorrea and drags his bum on the ground. Help!!!!! Whats the prob???

Why does my puppy have diahorrea every day?

I have a 17 week springer spaniel. All vacs,wormed.using frontline looks lovely and healthy. I feed him on a dry mix which he seems to enjoy. Every day he has diahorrea and drags his bum on the ground. Help!!!!! Whats the prob???...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Why does my puppy have diahorrea every day?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would suspect, Giardia, it is more common than you think, and does cause irritable bowels.Diagnosis, Idexx makes a snap Giardia test that your vet can run and it is less expensive and more conclusive than a traditional fecal test.Treatment, Metronidazole for 10-14 days, and day 1-3, adding a worming medication called Drontal Plus. Once the treatment is started you will see an improvement usually by day 2.

• Sounds to me that his food is too rich for him I had a similar problem with my Bull Terrier no matter what we fed him he got the squits. In the end I was giving him Chicken and rice which was expensive but worked, I gradually introduced him to the pedigry dry food for puppys still with the rice and chicken but I gradually reduced the chicken and then the rice. He is fine now but we have to keep on top of his worming etc because he is still a delicate boy. Good luck just keep trying but don't change his food over you MUST do it gradually because it will upset his guts far more if you keep swapping and changing it. Also have you taken him to the vet? I was back and forth with my boy as puppys can die if they have it for too long they get dehydrated and can have an infection causing them to be ill. So please get him checked out if you haven't already.

• Dragging the bum on the floor is normally the sign of worms, so you might want to worm him again. Or he might have a problem with his anal glands. If you take him to a vets (or if your confident doing it yourself) all you have to do is squeeze them to release the excess fluid. With the diarrhoea, it might just be the dry food your feeding. Try chappie biscuit!

• it sound 2 me like your pup has problems with his anal glands he may need them squeezed bless him take him2 the vets theyl no more! but it sounds more likey that he needs is glands dun gudluk 2 him and yaself all the best hun x

• the food you are feeding him may be too rich. also he may have a stomach bug. Starve him for 24 hours - basically do what you would do if you had a bug. After that introduce his food gradually until he is back to eating normally. you should really get vet advise also. he may be severly dehydratede