My long coat chihuahua is 5 months old and coat only starting to grow in when does it start to get long?

We got the puppy a few weeks ago and the vet seems pleased with him but im concerned about the lack of long coat...he looks more smooth but fluffy ears? Any information from other chi owners would be greatly appreciated. Also puppy is tiny at what age do…

My long coat chihuahua is 5 months old and coat only starting to grow in when does it start to get long?

We got the puppy a few weeks ago and the vet seems pleased with him but im concerned about the lack of long coat...he looks more smooth but fluffy ears? Any information from other chi owners would be greatly appreciated. Also puppy is tiny at what age do…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : My long coat chihuahua is 5 months old and coat only starting to grow in when does it start to get long?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My long coat chihuahua is 5 months old and coat only starting to grow in when does it start to get long?

My long coat chihuahua is 5 months old and coat only starting to grow in when does it start to get long? Dog Breed Discussions
      We got the puppy a few weeks ago and the vet seems pleased with him but im concerned about the lack of long coat...he looks more smooth but fluffy ears? Any information from other chi owners would be greatly appreciated. Also puppy is tiny at what age do they reach full height?. His mum was tiny but dad average. Mum was smooth coat and dad had long flowing locks!!

My long coat chihuahua is 5 months old and coat only starting to grow in when does it start to get long? Dog Breed Discussions
    • lots of brushing, i know how disappointing it is, i have 3 cavs and my 2yo is only just starting to get her long coat now, he might not be very long haired if one parent was short haired.

• hi, i have a few chihuahuas so i can help, usually a chihuahua will be fully coated around 18 - 24 months. Height around a year or less. If mum was a smooth and dad a long your puppy might not have a full long coat. He is likely to have fluffy ears and tall, under his chin long, but every where else longer than a smooth but not that long. If you view my 360, my little puppy which is black 'Bambi' she was mix of coats, she is 7 months old, Abbey was also had long coat mum and smooth coat dad, but my others where long coated parents.If the vet is happy with the health then great enjoy your puppy as they grow up so fast, i expect he will love your xmas tree this year. Any problems happy for you to contact me on my 360.Have fun, Merry Christmas.

• you are most likely to have a in between coat, as mum was smooth, dad l/coated. Usually around 18 months old your dog should be fully grown, but you have an idea around 8 months!They are such lovely little dogs. Good luck