Is it possible for a mixed-breed to fit the breed standard of a purebreed?

I've just seen some pictures of Rough Collie X Pomeranian puppies and they look very much like Cardigan Welsh Corgis. I would have put money on it until someone told me they were mutts lol.Is it in any way possible for a mutt to fit a breed standard? I…

Is it possible for a mixed-breed to fit the breed standard of a purebreed?

I've just seen some pictures of Rough Collie X Pomeranian puppies and they look very much like Cardigan Welsh Corgis. I would have put money on it until someone told me they were mutts lol.Is it in any way possible for a mutt to fit a breed standard? I…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it possible for a mixed-breed to fit the breed standard of a purebreed?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• No it's not because anyone that's looking for a purebred dog,say a judge in a show for instance,would know how to spot signs of mixed breeding.

• Puppies are deceiving!I had a litter of newfies some time back. 10 of them. As a joke, my daugter put in a portie with them (same color, black) that was a few weeks older. At that age, they all then were about the same size.My husband, having had newfies for years, DID NOT NOTICE the one that moved faster and had a different coat texture for 3 days. This from an experienced "newfie guy"!! For three days it was a great joke.What they look like as pups, is not what they look like grown up.