How do i get my siberian husky puppy to stop biting me when playing?

I've tried saying a firm no, but it don't work.I've also tried giving him a toy instead but he drops that and then Carry's on trying to bite my arms and legs. His only 13 weeks old, but its starting to hurt more and more and his actually piercing my skin…

I've tried saying a firm no, but it don't work.I've also tried giving him a toy instead but he drops that and then Carry's on trying to bite my arms and legs. His only 13 weeks old, but its starting to hurt more and more and his actually piercing my skin…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do i get my siberian husky puppy to stop biting me when playing?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do i get my siberian husky puppy to stop biting me when playing?

How do i get my siberian husky puppy to stop biting me when playing? Dog Breed Discussions
      I've tried saying a firm no, but it don't work.I've also tried giving him a toy instead but he drops that and then Carry's on trying to bite my arms and legs. His only 13 weeks old, but its starting to hurt more and more and his actually piercing my skin now. Any advice would be great, thanks.

How do i get my siberian husky puppy to stop biting me when playing? Dog Breed Discussions
    • You need to carry on with the 'No' as soon as he does it. If he's getting really over excited just put him in another room and totally ignore him until he calms down entierly and then bring him out to play again, he'll soon get the idea that he has to play nice.Plenty of praise when he is behaving well too!

• What seemed to work with my Rottweiler and American Bull dog mix was, when she would mouthe me or my kids, we would take our hand, hold her mouth shut and say NO. It took several times of doing this before she really understood why we were doing it, but it worked. And if she would forget from time to time, we would just stick to that same routine. Hold her mouth shut and say NO. Don't squeeze it though cause you don't wan to hurt him. Also I would continue redirecting with the toys as well. Hope this helps ya :)

• yelp like a hurt pup then turn away and completely ignore him for a half minute or so. That is what his littermates would do to let him know things are too rough. It may take some repetition, but he will learn. Also, be sure careful to not offer hands/feet as toys, otherwise he will just be confused. Good luck!

• When he gets to this level (and part of this is to not let him get there) end the game. Stand up, say no, yelp loudly if you like, as his litter mates would have done, and ignore him. Maybe pop him in a pen, or crate to settle down for a while. It really is all about not letting him get too manic. As he's 13 weeks now, you can start to take him out for short walks - channel his energy. This will all help.You should be in charge and you dictate the play. Obviously this does need stopping, as the bigger he gets, the bigger the hurt.

• Hold his muzzle (gently, don't hurt him) and say NO. He really needs to know that's it's no where near okay for him to be biting; if he's allowed to keep it up he'll do it as an adult with bigger, sharper teeth. Then you've got a recipe for disaster. Keep up your other methods as well and he'll get the idea. Don't forget praise, either: It's almost just as (if not more) helpful than the no's.

• ok i have a husky they are great dogs soo you first start out from a firm NO but if that doesnt work you should go to a dog triainer umm my husky would nibble and bite but i gave her a bone and some chew toys abd once i gave her that stuff she was good soo try giving your husky a bone and a chew toy i wish u the best of luck =)