What is the best food for my Labrador puppy out of Burns, James Wellbeloved or Naturediet?

Hi, not sure if we have Actrium Holistic Dog Food in the UK (which is where I live) Burns is holistic too and I think naturediet too. Don't have a wal-mart here.

What is the best food for my Labrador puppy out of Burns, James Wellbeloved or Naturediet?

Hi, not sure if we have Actrium Holistic Dog Food in the UK (which is where I live) Burns is holistic too and I think naturediet too. Don't have a wal-mart here....
    Dog Breed Discussions : What is the best food for my Labrador puppy out of Burns, James Wellbeloved or Naturediet?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best food for my Labrador puppy out of Burns, James Wellbeloved or Naturediet?

What is the best food for my Labrador puppy out of Burns, James Wellbeloved or Naturediet? Dog Breed Discussions
      Hi, not sure if we have Actrium Holistic Dog Food in the UK (which is where I live) Burns is holistic too and I think naturediet too. Don't have a wal-mart here.

What is the best food for my Labrador puppy out of Burns, James Wellbeloved or Naturediet? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have never really heard of those brands, but I know an excellent, high-quality food if you're interested.It's called "Actrium Holistic Dog Food". I'm not sure if there is a puppy formula, but, it's good quality adult food. It has brown rice, chicken, salmon, sweet potato, blue berries, potatoes, pears, apples, carrots, peas, black berries, etc. You can find it in Wal-mart, and probably most pet stores. It comes at a reasonable price, as well. Just a tip, when you're looking for a good quality dog/puppy food, check the first 3 ingredients. If they are NOT anything like by-products, any wheat products, or ground yellow corn, it's a good food (corn meal is okay). Some foods include fish, like Actrium Holistic which is great for puppies because of the DHA. "DHA" is good for the brain, and is actually proven to boost intelligence and learning ability - you want to have a smart puppy, don't you? I thought so! You can also check online for a list of holistic dog foods - honestly, they're the best you can look for and get! Good luck, and happy "grocery-shopping"!

• Why spend a fortune on fancy foods when there is no evidence at all that these are better for your dog. Sure - if your dog has a history of allergies or skin conditions then they may be necessary, but in the majority of cases they are just a good way to pour money away. Chappie is an extremely good basic dog food recommended by most vets, and it costs about 1/3rd of those fancy foods.

• Hi, just go to http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com click on reviews and type the name of your dog food in the search box. It will give a rating value for your chosen food from 1-6 stars, and a written review based on the quality of the foods ingredients.I live in the UK too, and alot of the foods on the site are not available here, however some are available online. I feed orijen which I buy from zooplus.Good luck, I hope it helps you make your choice- it certainly opened my eyes about some of our UK brands.

• I feed my Husky on James Wellbeloved and a bit of nature diet mixed in to give a bit of extra flavour,she is thriving on it and her coat is really shiny. Nature diet is really good,don't like the fish one ,it stinks and my dog doesn't care for it either but all the other varieties are good.Why not buy a packet to see if your dog likes it,it costs about 72p so not a lot of money to lose if your pup doesn't like it. :)

• They are all high quality foods, so you just need to see what's best for your dog.I got fed up of the way Naturediet was packed and moved to Arden Grange Partners (tins). I am really happy with it - and my dog is thriving.I have heard from several people that they have had to feed more of Burns to keep their dogs' weight on.

• personally i find the amount of meat in burns to low, nature diet is a good wet food and lots of people use jwb. but other brands to have a look at is arden grange available throughout uk, orijen is now available over here to. Or if you have freezer space you could feed raw ( my pair love it and you know what they are actually eating) but you need to find which one is right for your dog

• all three are good quality foods the only to see which is best for your dog is to try them, remeber to change foods gradually over at least 5 days slowly increasing the amount of the new food you want to usearden grange is another good food http://www.ardengrange.com/ive never heard of actrium do they have a website where you can find out if they have uk stockist near you