Anyone own an afghan hound?

Hello does anyone here own an afghan hound? they are beautiful dogs and I'd like to get one. I was wondering if you can tell me how much they are and what is the matenence for them. Thanks.

Hello does anyone here own an afghan hound? they are beautiful dogs and I'd like to get one. I was wondering if you can tell me how much they are and what is the matenence for them. Thanks....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Anyone own an afghan hound?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anyone own an afghan hound?

Anyone own an afghan hound? Dog Breed Discussions
      Hello does anyone here own an afghan hound? they are beautiful dogs and I'd like to get one. I was wondering if you can tell me how much they are and what is the matenence for them. Thanks.

Anyone own an afghan hound? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I don't own one, but I know a lot about dogs.You must groom and brush Afgan hounds a lotThey shed a lotAnd they are the most unintelligent of all dogs (seriously, they are on the bottom for intelligence), which can be a positive because they might not try to trick you, etc, but may also be frustrating if it won't understand you. Cats are smarter than Afgans

• Nope but you can go here to find info http://dogbreedinfo.com/afghan.htm www.puppyfind.com is a great place to find puppies for sale. I wouldn't imagine them to be cheap at all and with that coat they are probably high maintanence dogs.

• Afghans are high maintenance, but they are so worth it!And contrary to what the ignorant will tell you - afghans are not dumb. They are a breeder who needs an owner who's smarter than they are,though. Like all the sight hounds, they get bored easily, they learn quickly and will not do endless repetitions, thus making them less than ideal for obedience work. Also, like all sight hounds, they're not good off leash. They've been bred to run for thousands of years.If you want to know price, start checking out breeders. They're not cheap, thank goodness, this breed doesn't need to get into the hands of people who haven't a clue what to do with a dog.