Where can I give my puppy up for adoption?

I'm looking for an organization that i can donate my 1 week Black lab to. I don't think he's the right dog for me but I wanna make sure he goes to a better home, or he's stuck with me.

I'm looking for an organization that i can donate my 1 week Black lab to. I don't think he's the right dog for me but I wanna make sure he goes to a better home, or he's stuck with me....
    Dog Breed Discussions : Where can I give my puppy up for adoption?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where can I give my puppy up for adoption?

Where can I give my puppy up for adoption? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm looking for an organization that i can donate my 1 week Black lab to. I don't think he's the right dog for me but I wanna make sure he goes to a better home, or he's stuck with me.

Where can I give my puppy up for adoption? Dog Breed Discussions
    • no kill shelters are the best options.i also have to agree with ama....who gave up a 1 week old puppy? they should not be taken from the mother for about 6 - 8 weeks. cause they need the mothers milk during this time. should only leave once they are able to take in solid food basically.

• Didn't you do your research before hand?! Adopt a dog just to give it up a few days later is crueler then sending it to a kill shelter IMO.Google "black lab rescues (state name)"

• What are you doing with a one week old black lab? Should still be with it's mother. You can- Contact the breeder you got it from and tell them you don't want it anymoreorContact a Labrador breed rescue and have them take it.

• Why are you in possession of a one week old pup? Where is the mother? Do you also own her?There is no way you came across a one week old pup legally without owning the parent.It will not be able to survive without the mom for at least 4-6 more weeks.You are just showing how immature you are and you do not belong having any dog.

• Awwwww thats sad I would have him if my parents would let me.My first suggestion would be take the dog to the nearest shelter or you could give him away on sites like ebay or gumtree but i would be carefull if you want to give the dog to an online place like ebay.

• at one week old he should be with his mum give him back to the person you got him from how long have you even had him that youve decided you dont want him this had better be a mick take

• I highly recommend you Google: Labrador Retriever Rescue and your zip code. I was able to place a black lab I rescued from going to a kill shelter with a lovely family through this organization.You may also want to talk with someone at Petco or Petsmart. They hold weekly adoptions with local dog rescue organizations.