I would really love to get a dog/puppy but?

I would really love to give a dog/puppy a good home but i have 5 children who aren't very well behaved. I think i should wait until they're older and hopefully calmer. Or even wait until they've left home.What do you think? Am i doing the right thing?

I would really love to get a dog/puppy but?

I would really love to give a dog/puppy a good home but i have 5 children who aren't very well behaved. I think i should wait until they're older and hopefully calmer. Or even wait until they've left home.What do you think? Am i doing the right thing?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : I would really love to get a dog/puppy but?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would really love to give a dog/puppy a good home but i have 5 children who aren't very well behavedWell how are you going to train a dog? Its like taking on another child. If you do so then your next question will be I have 5 children who aren't very well behaved and an out of controlled dog Help!No! No puppy until the kids are trained.

• it would be good 4 children to have a pet as they learn to care for something else. but if u are not sure about ur kids response,get a small fish or hamster..they may become more responsible.try it as an experiment! and if they dont behave properly,uve got ur answer about the dog!!:-)

• Suggest you train your kids to behave better..... instead of getting a dog. Why have you got 5 kids who are all badly behaved? If you know they are misbehaving why don't you go to parenting classes or something useful? If you have no discipline over your kids, I suspect you would just end up with a disobedient, naughty, badly behaved dog as well. Don't think you should just wait until the kids calm down. You should DO something about it NOW.

• I know how tempting it is to get a dog. They are gorgeous to look at, fun to play with good company- but they are hard work. I succumbed to getting a rescue dog last year, and although I love her to pieces, she can be so stressful. She barks, and is quite a hard dog to train. I can't imagine having a dog and 5 children- it would be hell! How would you find time to walk, and train this dog? An untrained dog is even worse- barking, nipping, jumping up... It's easy to say you'll always find time to walk her, and teach your children to behave, but it isn't realistic. Children just don't have the commitment most of the time, and it would just start arguments. Walking the dog will become a chore that noone wants to do as well- just think after one month you will have walked him/her at least 30 times!! And you've only got another 10-15 years to go!! It will get boring, trust me. Plus, I know what children are like with dogs. They annoy them, twist their nose, pull their fur, smack them, drag them round...And they're at face level. It's imperitive if you get a dog that your children behave for their sakes, the sake of your sanity, and the dog's. I would definately wait, and perhaps volunteer as a walker at a rescue home so you can spend time with dogs. Plus you can visit shows and things.