Is it possible that the puppies stress me out?

My family have two 6 month old puppies. Everytime I'm left in the house with them they get into loads of trouble that I can't deal with. I've got college work to be getting on with that I can't do because I'm having to put up with them. After I've sorted…

My family have two 6 month old puppies. Everytime I'm left in the house with them they get into loads of trouble that I can't deal with. I've got college work to be getting on with that I can't do because I'm having to put up with them. After I've sorted…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is it possible that the puppies stress me out?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is it possible that the puppies stress me out?

Is it possible that the puppies stress me out? Dog Breed Discussions
      My family have two 6 month old puppies. Everytime I'm left in the house with them they get into loads of trouble that I can't deal with. I've got college work to be getting on with that I can't do because I'm having to put up with them. After I've sorted out their mess I feel sick, my head is done in and I've no motivation to do my work anymore. Is this sickness and bad head/dizzyness feeling down to stress from them?

Is it possible that the puppies stress me out? Dog Breed Discussions
    • nope, Im the same way. If Im looking at getting a dog, I usually look at adults only. Puppies take a lot of work and time, and I am a busy busy person, so they stress me out at times too.My suggestion is to crate them when youre the onl one home, that way they cant get into trouble.. provide a safe chew toy, close the door and get your work done. Let them out to pee after a couple of hours, but if they're not your dogs the owner should be doing all this.

• oh yeah,puppies are super active and need to be on the go all the time they are up but it will slow down as they get older.they should be walked daily and have plenty of chew toys to play with and u might consider getting a pen so they can nap and have quiet times throughout the day.i have 4 dogs who can be pretty rambuncious but they have gotten quieter over the yrs but my 2 kittens stress me out more since they are into everything and they drive me nuts.when u are doing school work give the pups a good strong chew treat that will keep them quiet for a while and u can get ur own work done. good luck

• Get two crates, crate train them, and never get two puppies again at the same time, especially if you don't have the time to work with them. Everything they are doing is not their fault, it is from a lack of training and supervision. I have a 4 month old pup that is crate trained and supervised when I let her out and I have none of these "stress headaches".

• Sounds like it! Having dogs is supposed to make for less stress (calming influence), but there have been times in my life when I've felt like laughing at that!! I think it's time for your family to sit down and work out whether having two puppies of the same age was such a great idea. If the owners are inexperienced, it can be very hard work trying to get two puppies sorted out, and this is why it's usually far better to get one first, and housetrained, and then perhaps another, some 10 - 12 months later. It might seem nice to have two growing up together, but as you've discovered, it's not always such a good idea.Without knowing what else is going on in your personal life, of course!

• Of course it is - and that is why I never suggest to anyone to A) raise two puppies together, or B) have a dog with them in college. You should really, for everyones' sake, consider either rehoming one or both of them. They are not growing up to be good pets by being together, and if you even rehomed one it would be a whole different ballgame. Contact a good rescue, and if they are a certain breed, try that breed rescue - bbut by no means put them on the internet or place them yourself. Bad things happen to dogs on Craig's List and Kijiji... just let a good rescue help you place them with the right people. If you can't do that, then at the very least, crate train them and crate them when you are out. Here are directions - you should be able to find crates on CRaig's List or Freecycle, or ask at the local humane society.http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&A=1129 Get someone else to help you exercise thee dogs, whether it be someone who cannot have their own dog, or a pet sitter that you pay - these dogs need to get out and play. Just by starting to crate them, you will find they can't get into things - but they really are too much for you, and in return, you do not have enough time to raise them correctly. You don't have enough time even if they were adults - and presumably you have a bit of college to go, and then a new job. Speak to rescue, and think about rehoming them with people who need them. It doesn't mean you don't love them - as a matter of fact, it means you do. It will be better for all of you, your headaches will subside, you won't waste your college time and money worrying about a couple of dogs, and you can get a dog later, when you can actually enjoy it. Really - it's the right thing for all of you.