Is leaving my new yorkshire terrier puppy alone for an hour or two every day okay?

I am attending school and my mum works, I am trying my best to come home as quickly as I can. Even then they will me alone for an hour or two a day...That cant be helped really :(Also can i just leave her in a closed safe room instead of letting her…

Is leaving my new yorkshire terrier puppy alone for an hour or two every day okay?

I am attending school and my mum works, I am trying my best to come home as quickly as I can. Even then they will me alone for an hour or two a day...That cant be helped really :(Also can i just leave her in a closed safe room instead of letting her…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Is leaving my new yorkshire terrier puppy alone for an hour or two every day okay?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is leaving my new yorkshire terrier puppy alone for an hour or two every day okay?

Is leaving my new yorkshire terrier puppy alone for an hour or two every day okay? Dog Breed Discussions
      I am attending school and my mum works, I am trying my best to come home as quickly as I can. Even then they will me alone for an hour or two a day...That cant be helped really :(Also can i just leave her in a closed safe room instead of letting her roam?? (for the time im out)Thanks everyone xxx

Is leaving my new yorkshire terrier puppy alone for an hour or two every day okay? Dog Breed Discussions
    • It's fine for a couple of hours, it's when people have 12 hour shifts at work and try to look after a dog...Just make sure that she has toys to play with and water..emgee obviously doesn't know anything about dogs...'It's a dog for goodness sake' um....Dogs have feelings just like us, they get very lonely if left for a long time and will become very distressed..

• The puppy should be fine. I had a dog that was part terrier and they are very feisty. Ours, when left alone, was somewhat... ok, very destructive. BUT! we found that leaving the TV or Radio on helped a lot, she wasn't so lonesome so she didn't act up. We never kept our dogs in a kennel or cage. They were free to roam the house, always. Like I said, the radio or TV helped a TON and i really suggest trying that. =) Good luck!