How to get my puppy pee outside the house?

My 8 weeks lab pee in the house a lot.What methods could i use to get him trained not to pee inside the home???

My 8 weeks lab pee in the house a lot.What methods could i use to get him trained not to pee inside the home???...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How to get my puppy pee outside the house?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to get my puppy pee outside the house?

How to get my puppy pee outside the house? Dog Breed Discussions
      My 8 weeks lab pee in the house a lot.What methods could i use to get him trained not to pee inside the home???

How to get my puppy pee outside the house? Dog Breed Discussions
    • First you need to let him know where you want him to go.Take him to the garden/yard or where everr every 30 minutes or so... when he pees in the right place.. praise him like crazy really let him know hes got it right.. If he starts to pee in the house..don'tt say anything but lift him, mid flow and take him to the toilet place.. if he finishes the pee in the garden praise him againHe'll catch on but you need to be dedicated :)

• They have pee pads at Walmart or any pet store, put one by the door also, get the dog on a drinking schedule. When you give the dog a drink, you can predict that they will have to pee 30 minutes or so afterwards, so after 30 minutes, take the puppy outside, and say go pee pee or whatever u want to name the action, and when they pee pee, say GOOD DOG PEE PEE GOOD DOG and give them lots of love and petting! Worked for my puppies!! Good luck!

• Every time the puppy wakes up, and as soon as he has eaten, pop him outside. Use a catch phrase - with Seeing Eye dogs in many places we say 'busy busy' but it doesn't matter what you say really, just so he learns that this phrase means you want him to go pee. When he does go, tell him how clever he is and give him a cuddle. He will want to please you so he will soon learn. The important thing is to be consistent so he doesn't get confused. If he has an accident indoors, remember he is still a baby and babies do have accidents. If you see him pee indoors show him the puddle and 'growl' at him so he knows it is the wrong thing to do, but don't smack him, that will only make him nervous and then he is more likely, not less, to have an accident. Good luck with him. Always be patient, praise when he is right and just growl if he gets it wrong.

• With my dogs I would try to keep them in a bathroom or kitchen with a baby gate up and newspaper on the floor, especially make sure he doesn't roam the house when he has a full bladder so that he only ever pees when he is either outside or on the paper. Take him out when you think he will probably have to pee like when he first wakes up, and give him lots of praise and treats when he goes out there. Gradually take the news paper up so there is less and less of it left on the floor and he will usually "follow" the paper and start peeing there when he has an emergency, as he gets older and gets more bladder control you will be able to remove the paper entirely, just make sure you take him out as often as is possible.

• Build a home for him. Help him understand what is right and wrong. Don't make him so comfortable in the house otherwise he will keep on doing it if he thinks its his home.