When can my puppy go out walking to the park with other dogs?

My puppy is eight weeks old and has had his first set of jabs. His second set are in two weeks, I know he is ok around dogs that are up to date with jabs, but when can i take him out and about to public places where there may be unimmunised dogs?Thank you

My puppy is eight weeks old and has had his first set of jabs. His second set are in two weeks, I know he is ok around dogs that are up to date with jabs, but when can i take him out and about to public places where there may be unimmunised dogs?Thank you...
    Dog Breed Discussions : When can my puppy go out walking to the park with other dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• When can my puppy go out walking to the park with other dogs?

When can my puppy go out walking to the park with other dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      My puppy is eight weeks old and has had his first set of jabs. His second set are in two weeks, I know he is ok around dogs that are up to date with jabs, but when can i take him out and about to public places where there may be unimmunised dogs?Thank you

When can my puppy go out walking to the park with other dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Wait until all rounds of shots are taken care of. Ask your vet when it's ok. You might want to consider starting slow - bringing a puppy to a park with a lot of other dogs may overwhelm the pup, start slow with a few dogs and let it learn how to play properly.

• He can be around nice vaccinated dogs now and he should be. He can be taken out in dog clean areas after his second vaccination. This includes sidewalks, roadways, and other places like puppy classes where there are other vaccinated dogs. He should not be taken to dog dirty areas like dog parks, pet stores or dog shows until he is completely vaccinated.

• Your puppy can go among strange dogs after he gets all his shots, if that is what you're referring to. I never heard it called jabs, but when I had a house full of rottweiler puppies I had to ask for the kennel cough vaccine and the one for Pavo virus. I found that strange but I come from a very small town in Gloucester, Ma. I don't know if this is your first puppy, as you didn't specify, but it sounds as though it is. Socialization is very important for puppies. I know this wasn't part of your question, but in my opinion, and that's all it is, merely my opinion, you should be sure to teach them about children so they don't nip and they learn that they must put up with the running around and the loudness children bring with them. That was always my first priority. Second was other dogs and people. Hope I helped. Rain.

• After he has had his second vaccination he needs to wait another week then he can go out for the first time. I would advice when you do take him to the park for the first few times try to go when it is not to busy as it can be very overwhelming to have too many dogs all coming over at once and can scare the puppy. Better if just one at a time.

• Not until he is done with the entire series of puppy boosters and his rabies shot.Usually at 4 months of age. Also make sure he is on heartworm preventative so prevent him from picking up intestinal parasites from the other dogs.

• Depending on your area and what your vet recommends, not until the "jabs" have been completed which is 16 weeks. So find things to do at home!Congratulations on the puppy!*;*