Found an Afghan Hound in my backyard. She is around 7 weeks pregnant (estimate). What should I do with her?

I found a beautiful black (long haired) Afghan Hound in my backyard a few hours ago. She looks well cared for but she is pregnant and her fur is badly mattered. I took a look at her and I would say she is around 3-4 years old. I know she is pregnant and…

Found an Afghan Hound in my backyard. She is around 7 weeks pregnant (estimate). What should I do with her?

I found a beautiful black (long haired) Afghan Hound in my backyard a few hours ago. She looks well cared for but she is pregnant and her fur is badly mattered. I took a look at her and I would say she is around 3-4 years old. I know she is pregnant and…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Found an Afghan Hound in my backyard. She is around 7 weeks pregnant (estimate). What should I do with her?...

• First, you are very kind to care for this dog as your own. If you imformed your vet, local authorities, and put up fliers, there isn't any reason to contact a rescue if you are willing to take full responsibilty of her if she's not claimed. And find good homes for the pups. Also, kudos to you for being smart enough to weed out liars just looking for a free, possible breeding machine to make them money.I doubt any owner that has spent that much time training her would actually kick her out because she got pregnant. Here is thought though, it is possible that the owners moved, she got loose and is trying to find her way back to her original home.In any case, it would be great if her owner did find her, but if not, it sounds like she found the next best thing. Good luck with her!

• If you dont get any people saying they own her keep her and give her a good life some people chuck their dogs out and dont want them back give her lots of LTC (loving tender care) dont spay her whatever you do in case afterwards the owners do come back.

• 5 hours away for the nearest Afghan Rescue is nothing! Since there is no way to contact you directly here, please go to the address that has been sent already for Afghan Hound Rescue: http://www.afghanhound.net/ and use the "contact" link. We can locate the breeder that way, they are most likely known.