Can my puppy mingle during vaccination time?

we are getting a puppy and he will be just about to get his second vaccinations and i am aware that he is not allowed outside in this time but we have another dog and i was wondering whether these dogs could be around the house together and play with…

we are getting a puppy and he will be just about to get his second vaccinations and i am aware that he is not allowed outside in this time but we have another dog and i was wondering whether these dogs could be around the house together and play with…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Can my puppy mingle during vaccination time?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can my puppy mingle during vaccination time?

Can my puppy mingle during vaccination time? Dog Breed Discussions
      we are getting a puppy and he will be just about to get his second vaccinations and i am aware that he is not allowed outside in this time but we have another dog and i was wondering whether these dogs could be around the house together and play with each other etc.please helpthank you but what if the other dog isn't fully vaccinated?

Can my puppy mingle during vaccination time? Dog Breed Discussions
    • As long as your other dog is fully vaccinated then there will be no problem. Also if he has already had his first vacc then he will still have some immunity - the second one is just to give it a longer 'boost' of immunity.

• Yes they can, but, as I did when we had new puppies, it would be best if you only took your existing dog to places where very few dogs go if you have to exercise him off your property, so there's no risk of him walking infection into your house/puppy. One set should help, but your pup needs his whole set, plus a week, before he can go out in public.ps Your existing dog may be fully vaccinated, and healthy, but he can still walk infection in - as you can, on your shoes.

• Although puppies know most of what they learn from other dogs by 6 weeks, they do need continuing contact with other dogs. However, shots or no shots, they may still be susceptible to disease. It is very important the dog they are exposed to are healthy and up to date on shots. It is extremely important that between 6 and 12 weeks that they are exposed to many different people and the human world in general. Keeping a puppy inside is an evil, ignorant practice. They may fear all their lives that what they don't encounter before 12 weeks. Many more untrainable dogs are dumped at shelters than die of disease. Get youpuppy out, just be careful.