What gender dog would get on best with my male cat?

I'm thinking of getting a puppy, a west highland white terrier. Which gender will get on better with my 5 year old male cat?

I'm thinking of getting a puppy, a west highland white terrier. Which gender will get on better with my 5 year old male cat?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What gender dog would get on best with my male cat?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What gender dog would get on best with my male cat?

What gender dog would get on best with my male cat? Dog Breed Discussions
      I'm thinking of getting a puppy, a west highland white terrier. Which gender will get on better with my 5 year old male cat?

What gender dog would get on best with my male cat? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Each dog has a different personality, so you may want to think about it. Always ask lots of questions to the breeder/shelter. I hope you are adopting or finding a reputable breeder. http://www.petfinder.com/

• I have a male cat, and we brought in a male dog, and they get along just fine. I'm not sure if it would make too big of a difference which gender you chose.Good luck :)

• Cats are notoriously territorial and you may find that whichever sex of puppy you get, you will have a few hissing and spitting sessions. Puppies are naturally playful and they will test the patience of your cat to the limit. Personally, I don't think it really matters what sex of dog you get, you will have a few problems to start off with no matter what, but it will only last until they sort out the "pecking order" between themselves. I suspect your cat will soon resolve that issue. For what it's worth, I have two dogs, both female, and a male (neutered) cat, and they all get on well. However, we did have the dogs before the cat so there was no issues of "pecking order" to sort out. The cat just fitted in to suit the dogs.