How do I go about finding a genuine trustworthy dog breeder?

hi, i need to find a cavalier king charles spaniel breeder in ireland who i can trust. since last easter, a year ago, i have researched this breed and am now well aware of the responsbilities etc that come with a puppy. but im not sure where to look. any…

hi, i need to find a cavalier king charles spaniel breeder in ireland who i can trust. since last easter, a year ago, i have researched this breed and am now well aware of the responsbilities etc that come with a puppy. but im not sure where to look. any…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How do I go about finding a genuine trustworthy dog breeder?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How do I go about finding a genuine trustworthy dog breeder?

How do I go about finding a genuine trustworthy dog breeder? Dog Breed Discussions
      hi, i need to find a cavalier king charles spaniel breeder in ireland who i can trust. since last easter, a year ago, i have researched this breed and am now well aware of the responsbilities etc that come with a puppy. but im not sure where to look. any tips? if you have purchased a puppy from a breeder, or if you are a breeder yourself, i would really appreciate a recommendation or maybe the contact number of the breeder. thanks!

How do I go about finding a genuine trustworthy dog breeder? Dog Breed Discussions
    • check your dog registration website(Ireland kennel club?) and they may list some breeders in your area. Also ask vets that live around you if they know anyone!Once you find a few interview them...but if they are reputable they will be interviewing YOU, making sure you are the best owner for one of their pups.

• Is there a national kennel club in your country? Try that.Go to some shows and talk to owners of dogs there.Use this link, scroll down to the second block of buttons.http://woodhavenlabs.com/breeding.html

• go to the ikc webpage and find cavalier king charles breeders. I'm not from ireland so i don't know if that is the big kennel club there, but most kennel club web pages have a place where you can find reputable breeders.

• you need to ask the breeder if you can see the parents of the puppy and if they say no then walk away now! most of the eime these r puppys from puppy mills. but most breeders r good just always ask that question before you buy the puppy from a breeder

• how about your local shelters. i've known quite a lot of people who have got pedigrees from shelters. they'll match you with the best puppy or dog x x x

• Go to a couple of vets surgeries near you and ask them, especially private vets because breeders only use private vets. They'll be best equipped to give you the right and proper advice. Good choice of dog by the way, lovely creatures, so gentle and kind. Hope you find what you're looking for - Happy Easter.

• Look for a Cav club - the members police themselves very well, and would run off anyone raising them in poor conditions. If you cannot find any in Ireland (there must be one...) you could also look in the UK, which must have one... I would NOT bother with anything out of a magazine, or just online - make some phone calls to the ladies of the club, and you will find who's who very quickly!

• Forget breeders professional or otherwise. If you truly are a dog lover get a rescue dog. KCS are available not sure of Irish Rescues but if you have a look on www.dogpages.org someone there will know. Good Luck

• Contact the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.Club of Irelandhttp://homepage.eircom.net/~cavalierclub/ Purebred dog clubs are generally pretty careful about who they allow to join and they will refer you to a club member with puppies.

• Look in Champdogs UK. You will find lots of reputable breeders there. Also the Kennel Club website advertise all breeds of puppies for saleThere is probably a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Breed Club in Ireland. You could perhaps tap that into your search engine.Hope you find what you are looking for.

• I just recently purchased a Cockalier puppy (King Charles Cavalier Spaniel mixed with Cocker Spaniel) from Cedar Lane Breeders out of Courtland, KS (PO Box in Hardy, NE) here in the USA. The breeders have a great 6 generation family raised farm and breeding facilities. Everything there is climate controlled and has updates online so you can see what kind of puppy's they carry and where they will ship the puppy's to. I know it isn't Ireland, but you could see if they would fly a puppy to you.Best of Luck!!