How should i wait untill i can take a puppy for a walk?

il getting a boxer pup from a shelter soon, what age/months/weeks should i start taking him for walks

il getting a boxer pup from a shelter soon, what age/months/weeks should i start taking him for walks...
    Dog Breed Discussions : How should i wait untill i can take a puppy for a walk?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How should i wait untill i can take a puppy for a walk?

How should i wait untill i can take a puppy for a walk? Dog Breed Discussions
      il getting a boxer pup from a shelter soon, what age/months/weeks should i start taking him for walks

How should i wait untill i can take a puppy for a walk? Dog Breed Discussions
    • How old is it - it is in the detail and you don't give any......If it has had both it's innoculations, then a week after the last one - and assuming it is a young pup - short - 10 -15 minute walks for the first few weeks - 3 - 4 times a day.AS it gets older increase the walk time.No jumping around or long hard walks and long runs for at least the first 5 months of it's life - you will damage their joints and hips....

• a week after its second vacination (in the uk we only have 2 sets and u have asked in the uk section). If that time has allreay passed while it was in the shelter then its fine to go out when you get it.

• My gosh I have read some crazy answers. I have raised 4 dogs and now I have two handsome males whom I love more than people and I have never heard of this short walk before that is just lame. A puppy is full of energy so you could take h/s for a walk every day up and down the block this puppy is going to fuss as it hates the leash and collar may even decide to sit and not move that is when you gently lift hind quarters and proceed and keep on doing this h/s is finally going to stop the fight. Try to do this twice a day morning and after work eventually this little one is going to take you for a walk all good. And Good Luck on your new arrival.

• Depends on the age. If the puppy can manage a walk and has been innoculated/vaccinated, you can start with short walks around the block, but nothing to strenuous. Then slowly proceed towards longer walks the older your puppy gets. Make sure for the first couple of walks you only go for around 10 and 20 minutes. If your puppy seems tired, bring it home. Congratulations on your new puppy!

• you can let the puppy at any age to play into your house yard,garden where is fenced and when the puppy won't escape.Usually before you let the puppy into the public areas for a walk its always recommend to get the both primary puppy vaccinations and then wait at least 1-2weeks after the second vaccination before you let the pup out. it doesn't matter how old is your pup but he still needs his all vaccinations done before he can go out to the public places, so then he might be protected from the different types of viruses and illnesses which some of the public dogs can affect the puppy very quickly. With out the full protection the puppy might die from the different diseases which he can catch from outside the house, the most common diseases especially for puppies is parvo. the parvo can cause dead to the puppy especially if the puppy is not vaccinated and not protected from this viruses. the parvo can be infected by the other not vaccinated dogs and from the outside birds, dog/cat poops etc.But you can go for a walk with your puppy if you are going to carry the puppy and the puppy won't touch the public ground and will be covered by the coat or any other clothing..usually the pup should be completed his all primary vaccination about 12-14 weeks old then he can go outside and the rule of thumb how many minutes the pup can be taken for a walk outside is for e.g. ( 3 months old puppy - 15 min , 4 month old puppy - 20 minutes and so on. )