Should I have my puppy spayed?

I have a puppy of 4 and1/2 months female. Should she be spayed at 6 months, if I am not letting her have puppies and should she have one season first? Or is it better to let her have one litter of puppies ?

Should I have my puppy spayed?

I have a puppy of 4 and1/2 months female. Should she be spayed at 6 months, if I am not letting her have puppies and should she have one season first? Or is it better to let her have one litter of puppies ?...
    General Dog Discussions : Should I have my puppy spayed?...

• It's best for her to be spayed right now before she goes into heat and definitely before she has any puppies.

• sweetie how about you watch this video and then decide for your self if you want to let your puppy have puppies or not i'm sure that you can decide once you watch it , it is only 9 minutes longhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bpDE6Vx_QU

• Have her spayed as soon as your vet reccomends. If you wait until after her first heat her chances of getting certain types of cancer will increase. And letting her have a litter of puppies before spaying her does waaay more harm than good.

• Yes get her spayed as soon as your Vet ok's it. She does not need to cycle. Please do not let her have puppies.America Euthenizes hundreds of thousands of dogs every year that could have been placed but their weren't enough room for them. Please please have your dog spayed.

• Ive heard its good to let the dogs or cats breed once b4 spaying them but only unless u are sure u can give them away to good homes if not i wouldnt really worry about it and get them spayed.

• NO! Get her spayed as soon as your vet will. Some vets say let her have a first season, but there is no true reason for this. Spaying also known as an ovarian hysterectomy, is a procedure where the ovaries are removed. Therefore, cutting the risks of ovarian cancer. Do not let her have a litter of puupies. There are homeless puppies all over the world looking for homes. They need to be found homes before any more are bred. Got to the nearest vet who will spay your dog without her having a season first. I work at a rescue, where somebody brought their dog into us as she cannot control it, but she said she wanted it back afterwards. The dog is in season, and there is quite a lot of blood. It's not nice for you, your dog, or the carpets!

• Have her spayed now and don't wait for her first heat. The sooner, the better. Especially don't let her her a litter of puppies. It's not worth the risks involved and she will be healthier and have lower risks to certain types of cancers. MYTH: "My female should have at least one litter before she is spayed."FACT: No, the sooner your female is spayed, the better. Not only do younger animals better tolerate the surgery, but the sooner she is spayed, the sooner, you'll be able to prevent unwanted litters, and quicker the health benefits will begin.

• Knowing from past experience it is better for her to have one season before getting her spayed. always remember you could end up with alot of puppies and going through that can be very messy . it is totally up to you what you choose but always talk to your vet if you decide to let her have puppies.

• It's best to spay your puppy before the first heat. After the first heat (or second or more), the chances of cancers later on increase. And plus, the more your dog weighs, the more it costs to get spayed. Our puppy is going to be 4 months old in a couple days, and she has her vet appt this upcoming monday to be spayed. =)

• well it depends on you. are you willing to take the responsibility of have her getting prego. i have thinking about this ? for awhile too. mine is almost 6 mos now i am getting her fixed next month. it is best to get it done before her first heat but mainly before they turn a yr for other health problem. i was going to let her have one liter but as time went by i decided not to. b/c she came from a liter of 15. lol there now way i can take care of that many, the time, cost for vets check ups etc. or if there is something wrong during the delivery u just don't know. i was going to do for the money, well for each puppie, also i couldn't see myself taking her mommie hood away from her. but you basically spending the same. also you would have to worry about fine each puppie a home. also what if you can't them all a home what are you going to do then. or the ppl decides the want to return it and want their money back.so i am going to spay her next month. i am looking forward to it. took us awhile b/c everything hit all at once over, new truck, new home, school started, bday and so that y we had put off her surgery. but think things threw first. once you do it you can't change it. i guess you can but i don't think so lol. also talk to your vet and ask ?. good luck to you guys. also you have to think about when she is in heat. you would have to put dog diapers on her. she be bleeding alot. cleaning that mess up and so on. or you can do what my friend does and use reg baby diapers and cut a hole out b/c they are alot cheaper she said then buying dog diapers. its alot of work.

• when i brought my female dog i never intended to breed her as i only wanted her as a pet, but after several seasons and cleaning up the mess i thought more better of it, so i had her spaded. what is the point putting not only the dog through it but yourself, its not necessary. so have it spaded.....

• YES!!!!!! get her spayed!!!!!! there are TOO MANY unwanted dogs and cats being euthanized in shelters everyday, if she is spayed before her first heat cycle then her chances of cancer are GREATLY reduced, it is NOT psychologically beneficial for them to go through their first heat OR raise a litter of puppies. Be responsible, do the right thing, get her fixed

• Have her spayed at 6 months, no need to let her have 1 season I got a lurcher from RSPCA a few years back, she was 5 months and already spayed she lived for 16 years, Bless Her!Good luck.

• My dog is a male and I had him spayed at 6 months, but not sure about female dogs. I have heard that you should let a female have a litter before having them spayed. Hope this helps.