What are some very unusual, or almost unheard of, types of dogs?

What are some very unusual, or almost unheard of, types of dogs? I want to draw some dogs, but I don't want to draw dogs like collies, or cocker spaniels, or sheep dogs, ect... i want some dogs that, maybe don't look unusual, but their breeds are very…

What are some very unusual, or almost unheard of, types of dogs? I want to draw some dogs, but I don't want to draw dogs like collies, or cocker spaniels, or sheep dogs, ect... i want some dogs that, maybe don't look unusual, but their breeds are very…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What are some very unusual, or almost unheard of, types of dogs?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What are some very unusual, or almost unheard of, types of dogs?

What are some very unusual, or almost unheard of, types of dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
      What are some very unusual, or almost unheard of, types of dogs? I want to draw some dogs, but I don't want to draw dogs like collies, or cocker spaniels, or sheep dogs, ect... i want some dogs that, maybe don't look unusual, but their breeds are very uncommon or rarely heard of, thank-you!!!!preferably dogs with long, or medium hair, not short. I like drawing them more, and I can draw them a little better too. :)Tulip? WHAT do those numbers mean?

What are some very unusual, or almost unheard of, types of dogs? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Depends where you are.Group 1 Toys, Affenpinscher 17English Toy Spaniel 21Group 2 TerrierCesky Terrier 0German Hunting Terrier 5Glen of Imaal Terrier 0Norwich Terrier 10Sealyham Terrier 12Norfolk 18Dandie Dinmont Terrier 21Group 3 GundogsBracco Italiano 0Hungarian Wirehaired Vizla 4Italian Spinone 9Chesapeke Bay Retriever 11Irish Red and White Setter 11Irish Water Spaniel 13Sussex Spaniel 15Clumber Spaniel 22Group 4 houndsAustralian Dingo 0Bluetick Coonhound 0Hamiltonstovare 0Harrier 0Otterhound 0Ibizan Hound 1Finnish Spitz 3Basset Fauve de Bretagne 5Bloodhound 10Dachshund Wire 13Greyhound 16Norwegian Elkhound 19Foxhound 23

• I absolutely love Azawakh and Sloughi, they aren't very common.Neither are Chart Polski, Chortaya Borzaya, Galgo Espanol, Taigan, Chippiparai, Caravan Hound, and Kanni. These are all sighthounds, that's why I listed them :) Sighthounds are incredibly beautiful and are a great inspiration to artists.But apart from sighthounds there are Ciobanesc Romanesc de Bucovina, Chinese Chonqing Dog, Danish Swedish Dog, Polish Hunting Dog, Prazsky Krysavik, Xoloitzcuintle, Peruvian Inca Orchid, Basset Bleu de Gascogne, Basset Artesien Normand, Bergamasco and Ogar Polski. This is a very short list, but these were just some that I thought of, that I've thought were interesting breeds.There are some much rarer breeds than these, but little information will be found on them. I have a book called "Dogs of Africa" and they have a chapter on a breed called the i-Twina, which I know next to nothing about. The Indian sighthounds that I listed (chippiparai, kanni, and caravan as well as the Rajapalayam) are near extinction, they are so uncommon, and in their homeland their owners have started to mix breeds, so they may not exist as a breed for much longer.