What's the best way to teach a greyhound to fetch?

My dog is clever and loving, but can't seem to figure out the entire fetching thing. Any ideas?

My dog is clever and loving, but can't seem to figure out the entire fetching thing. Any ideas?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What's the best way to teach a greyhound to fetch?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What's the best way to teach a greyhound to fetch?

What's the best way to teach a greyhound to fetch? Dog Breed Discussions
      My dog is clever and loving, but can't seem to figure out the entire fetching thing. Any ideas?

What's the best way to teach a greyhound to fetch? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I am a breeder of Afghan hounds. It is nearly impossible for ALL sight hounds to learn to fetch, because their nature is to chase...Fetching seems just stupid to them. I have had a couple that would fetch, and my hounds grand parents were taught to fetch, because they were international obedience titled, but it is a real chore. You might consult a show obedience trainer to get some ideas about how to do this. Your nearest PetSmart will be able to point you to one in your area. Otherwise, it is a project for the experts.