What dogs get along good with cats?

I want to get a puppy around June, and i already have a cat. I don't know how my 3 year old indoor/outdoor cat is going to adjust to the change. If possible i would like to get a <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-dog-breed/?s=b9e28bfd62c6fe575179a6663183b0eb235d35e2">dog breed</a> that is notorious for getting along well with other animals. My…

I want to get a puppy around June, and i already have a cat. I don't know how my 3 year old indoor/outdoor cat is going to adjust to the change. If possible i would like to get a <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/9-dog-breed/?s=b9e28bfd62c6fe575179a6663183b0eb235d35e2">dog breed</a> that is notorious for getting along well with other animals. My…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What dogs get along good with cats?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What dogs get along good with cats?

What dogs get along good with cats? Dog Breed Discussions
      I want to get a puppy around June, and i already have a cat. I don't know how my 3 year old indoor/outdoor cat is going to adjust to the change. If possible i would like to get a dog breed that is notorious for getting along well with other animals. My cat has his front claws, and has a history of not getting along will dog very well at first, so id like to make this transition as stress-free as possible for everyone. And suggestions would be helpful!I thank you for your time!

What dogs get along good with cats? Dog Breed Discussions
    • I have a mutt and she gets along great with cats. It all depends how the dog was raised, especially if you are getting it from an animal shelter. I would tend to avoid the small yippy dogs, because they are more fiesty and snap at the cat or scare the cat.

• Most dogs if they grow up around cats will get along with them. Though breeds that are considered "sight hounds" usually take alot more discipline and may never get along with cats. The following is a list of sight hounds: Afghan HoundAzawakhBorzoiChart Polski (Polish Greyhound)Galgo Español (Spanish Greyhound)GreyhoundHortaya BorzayaIrish WolfhoundItalian GreyhoundMagyar Agar (Hungarian Greyhound)Saluki (Persian Greyhound)Scottish DeerhoundSilken WindhoundSloughiWhippet