Are beagles good dogs for people with asthma?

I love beagles, but I have terrible asthma and allergies. I plan on going to get allergy shots, and after receiving those for awhile, I hope to get a beagle puppy. Does anyone know if Beagles are ok dogs for people with asthma?

I love beagles, but I have terrible asthma and allergies. I plan on going to get allergy shots, and after receiving those for awhile, I hope to get a beagle puppy. Does anyone know if Beagles are ok dogs for people with asthma?...
    Dog Breed Discussions : Are beagles good dogs for people with asthma?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Are beagles good dogs for people with asthma?

Are beagles good dogs for people with asthma? Dog Breed Discussions
      I love beagles, but I have terrible asthma and allergies. I plan on going to get allergy shots, and after receiving those for awhile, I hope to get a beagle puppy. Does anyone know if Beagles are ok dogs for people with asthma?

Are beagles good dogs for people with asthma? Dog Breed Discussions
    • If your allergies include dog dander, the beagle wouldn't be the best choice..Hypoallergenic dog breeds are those touted as being hypoallergenic; that is, provoking fewer allergic reactions in allergy sufferers.There are various coat types that are said to produce fewer allergens: single-coated dogs, who do not have a thick undercoat; dogs whose coat continues to grow, like human hair, rather than shedding regularly; and hairless dogs. These breeds usually shed less dander and hair and are, therefore, considered hypoallergenic. However, even hairless dogs can produce enough dander to affect a highly allergic person.List of hypoallergenic breedsSingle-coated breeds * Afghan Hound * Basenji * Bedlington Terrier * Bichon (all types) * Bichon Frisé * Bolognese (dog) * Cairn terrier * Chinese Crested (hairless) * Coton de Tulear * Greyhound * Havanese * Irish Water Spaniel * Italian Greyhound * Kerry Blue Terrier * Lowchen * Lhasa Apso * Maltese * Poodles (all sizes) * Poodle hybrids * Portuguese Water Dog * Schnauzer (all sizes) * Shih Tzu * Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier * Yorkshire Terrier * Whippet * Native American Indian Dog * Border TerrierHairless breeds * American Hairless Terrier * Chinese Crested (hairless) * Mexican Hairless Dog (Xoloitzcuintli) * Peruvian Hairless Dog

• the best dog for u is a hypoallergenic dog like a poodle. there are other types of these kinds of dogs just look it up on the web. I do know poodles are good for ppl with allergies because they dont have dander also yorkies too. :) good luck finding a new puppy :)

• I have asthma and had two of the best beagles ever-RIP-(old age).Just keep the dogs bathed once a week with a mild shampoo,and feed a quality dog food to cut down on dander,and you will have the best dogs ever.Of course make sure you take your meds regularly,and don't let the dog sleep in your bed(although I did).Wipe the dog down every day with baby wipes to remove dander and,during spring and summer,to remove pollen from it's coat after it's been outside.Good luck with your sweet little beagle!