My puppy has come into season again, is this ok?

My puppy (Yorkie) had her first season at 5 months which lasted the normal 3 weeks. Now, 2 months later she has started to bleed again. Whats going on?

My puppy (Yorkie) had her first season at 5 months which lasted the normal 3 weeks. Now, 2 months later she has started to bleed again. Whats going on?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : My puppy has come into season again, is this ok?...

• My puppy has come into season again, is this ok?

My puppy has come into season again, is this ok? Dogs Training Discussions
      My puppy (Yorkie) had her first season at 5 months which lasted the normal 3 weeks. Now, 2 months later she has started to bleed again. Whats going on?

My puppy has come into season again, is this ok? Dogs Training Discussions
    • No its not get her spayed. Take her to the Vet she could be having problems with her ovaries or uterus or she could have a serious UTI....spaying her would help eliminate these issues.

• Millions of dogs are killed (euthanized) each year due to overpopulation. Spay-neuter your dog (or get your dog fixed) and help eliminate the senseless killing of animals. Pet owners should educate themselves on the benefits, not only to their dog, but to themselves, as well as the community.What is Spay and Neuter? (Getting fixed) Spaying is the surgical removal of the reproductive organs (ovaries and uterus) of the female dog. Neutering is the surgical removal of the reproductive organs (testes) of the male dog. When you spay-neuter your dog, it is not only safe but can be extremely beneficial to your dog’s health. Fixing your dog is a painless procedure, performed under general anesthesia by a licensed veterinarian. Although many dog professionals recommend having the dog experience a heat cycle first, research has shown it is most beneficial to spay-neuter your dog before 6 months of age. Benefits to your dogWhen you spay-neuter your dog, it will increase his/her life expectancy making him/her live a longer, healthier life. It reduces the risks of cancer. Spaying or neutering your dog virtually eliminates the chances of ovarian and uterine cancer, as well as greatly reducing the risk of prostate cancer. When you spay-neuter your dog, you will greatly reduce the dog's urge to roam. Your dog is less likely to wander around, looking for a mate. It is also very common for dogs to be killed in car accidents in an attempt to get to another dog for mating. Spaying or neutering your dog reduces aggression. It can also reduce territorial guarding, as well as mounting.Benefits to you, the dog ownerYou don't have to deal with heat cycles. A female heat cycle can last up to 12 days and can be quite a bloody mess. Spaying your female dog will help keep her, and your house, clean. Spay-neuter your dog can reduce shedding. Because spaying or neutering reduces aggression, your dog will be a more loving and affectionate pet. A dog is less likely to bite after this procedure. Dogs are less likely to mark their territory.Benefits to the communityBecause of the overpopulation of dogs, many are left stray. A large number of dogs that are brought to animal shelters are euthanized because there is just no room for them. It is inconceivable that we, as dog lovers, should allow this to happen when it can easily be eradicated through spaying and neutering. The community also benefits if you spay-neuter your dog. Millions of tax dollars are spent on controlling the animal population every year. Spay-neuter your dog also helps eliminate strays from the streets. Stray animals can carry disease and pose a threat to children, as well as adults.Bad Reasons NOT to Spay-Neuter your DogYou want to make money from the sale of the puppies. If you don't know anything about breeding dogs, then don't do it. It is not only costly, but it requires a lot of your time and attention. Leave the breeding to the professionals. You don't want to take away his manhood. Men often feel as if “they” are the ones losing their manhood when they think about neutering their dog. Trust me, your dog will thank you for it. Your dog has no concept of his manhood; he will lead a much more comfortable life after neutering. Your dog is such a gem, you want to create more puppies like him/her. Each dog has it's own personality, just like every child has it's own personality. Just because your dog has a puppy, doesn't mean it will be just like its mom or dad. You want your children to witness the miracle of birth. If you want to teach your children about the miracle of birth, get them a video. Don't jeopardize the life of your dog in order to put on a show for your kids. Also, when a dog is giving birth, she wants her privacy. Having an audience can cause her great anxiety which can result in rejection of her puppies. You're afraid your dog's personality will change. You don't want your dog to lose his spunk. Don't worry, he won't. His/her personality can only improve for the better (not worse). Sterillizing your dog will make him/her gain weight. This is a complete myth. There is no medical evidence to support this theory. You are afraid to put your dog under anesthesia and surgery. Although there is always a risk involved with surgery, the pros outweigh the cons. With today's technology, there is hardly a risk factor. Just think about the risks involved if you don't go with the surgery: a higher risk of cancer or other health-related problems. Speaking to your vet about the procedure may make you feel more at ease. Save a dog's life: spay-neuter your dog. Stop the senseless killing of animals simply because they don’t have a home.

• No this is not normal, she also had her 1st season very early for a toy breed. Please take her to the vet for a check, she could have an infection or a problem with the organs there

• I know that everyone is shouting at you to get your little girl spayed and in many aspects I agree with them.However, there could be an underlining problem. Perhaps you had no intention of spaying your b1tch and I fear that you could ignore every ones advise to have this simple operation. Nevertheless this latest bleed needs to be investigated, regardless of your views on spaying, she must be taken to see a vet.Perhaps you are feeling the effects of the credit crunch. I will paste details on how you can get free veterinary help for your dog.If you live in the UK and you unemployed or on any benefits you can get free treatment for your dog. All you need is proof of your benefits. Even if it’s just reduced council tax you can apply to the PDSA or Dogs Trust for their help, however you should do this in advance of requesting an appointment. There are vets in other parts of the world who will agree to spread the payments, consequently you should telephone them and ask before you arrange an appointment. There is also an organisation called Credit Care, Google Creditcare for dogs however this may not be available in the UK.