my 14 weeks puppy is going out to do her business really well through the day but poos in her cage through nig?

my puppy roxy can do her business before bed but since we got her 4 weeks ago she poos every night in her cage can you give me any advise?

my 14 weeks puppy is going out to do her business really well through the day but poos in her cage through nig?

my puppy roxy can do her business before bed but since we got her 4 weeks ago she poos every night in her cage can you give me any advise?...
    Dogs Training Discussions : my 14 weeks puppy is going out to do her business really well through the day but poos in her cage through nig?...

• my 14 weeks puppy is going out to do her business really well through the day but poos in her cage through nig?

my 14 weeks puppy is going out to do her business really well through the day but poos in her cage through nig? Dogs Training Discussions
      my puppy roxy can do her business before bed but since we got her 4 weeks ago she poos every night in her cage can you give me any advise?

my 14 weeks puppy is going out to do her business really well through the day but poos in her cage through nig? Dogs Training Discussions
    • teach her not to do that. u could take her out like 2 times a day to see if she needs to do her business more than once. plus shes little now but if u keep in the right track n teach her the right stuff then when u knw it she'll take herself out to do pipi n caca lol :D

• try feeding her earlier in the day and take up the food dish around four hours before bed time, take her out just before you kennel her for the night, maybe even take her out one last time about an hour after putting her up for the night. dogs do not like to defecate in the place they sleep in, she should be crying or making some sort of noise when she needs to go at night, my dogs always let us know if they need to do their business after they are kenneled for the night. listen for her to sound out, then take her to the yard. hope this helps

• Well firstly, stop shoving her into a bloody cage...the words 'evil' and 'imprisonment' come to mind.As for your problem: a puppy is just like a child...they only have small bodies and can only store waste for a short period of time. As they get bigger they will be able to wait longer (just like a child).Another reason could be due to fear. Being locked in a cage all night, knowing that there is nowhere to go and hide must be pretty scary, especially for a puppy who is still unfamiliar with its surroundings.By the way, if you threw me in a cage every night I'd probibly try my best to crap everywhere just to piss you off. Please, take some responcibility and understand that your puppy is a living thing and not some toy you can shut in a cupbard when you have had enough. You wouldn't do that with your children......would you?I know I don't know your situation and for all I know it could be the easiest and safest thing to keep your puppy in a cage, but if for safety or ease you have to do that, then you shouldn't have a puppy at all.

• All the suggestions below are good but first I would try this! Most Common Issue when it comes to animals leaving waste in their crates/kennels is simply b/c the crate/kennel is too big. Animals are smart enough not to poop where they live so in a small space they don't want to be near pee or poop. But if you give them a large kennel/crate with extra room (doesn't have to be too much) they will leave waste in one corner and more to the other side to avoid it. Try this first.. you may need to temporarily downsize the crate. Then move on setting your alarm in the middle of the night and more visits outside.