What can I do to do with horses from home?

I can't go riding at the moment as I haven't got a stables at the moment, I am going to start soon helping out at my mum's friends with her horses, but until I start doing that I don't know how I can be around horses and do stuff to do with horses.Any…

I can't go riding at the moment as I haven't got a stables at the moment, I am going to start soon helping out at my mum's friends with her horses, but until I start doing that I don't know how I can be around horses and do stuff to do with horses.Any…...
    Dogs Training Discussions : What can I do to do with horses from home?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What can I do to do with horses from home?

What can I do to do with horses from home? Dogs Training Discussions
      I can't go riding at the moment as I haven't got a stables at the moment, I am going to start soon helping out at my mum's friends with her horses, but until I start doing that I don't know how I can be around horses and do stuff to do with horses.Any suggestions?All answers are much appreciated!Thankyou,

What can I do to do with horses from home? Dogs Training Discussions
    • 1. If you've never read National Velvet by Enid Bagnold, get it and read it.2. If you've seen the movie with Elizabeth Taylor but not read the book, you've missed 90% of the story. Read the book.3. If you have read it already, read it again.There! Solved that one easily!!!

• "Ground learning" (is what I call it.) Is a GREAT way to learn respect and responsibility of horses. Yes, read books, but the real details you learn are in the barn. Listen to everything your mom and her friend tell you.-Never run up to one, especially behind. And even in front of one. You could get kicked or ran over.-Keep your hand flat when feeding them something. Don't want to get your fingers bitten off.-Keep away from stallions if there are any. They can be aggressive. -Ask questions if you want to know something if there's anyone around.-Have patience. Horses can sense fear, anger, pretty much all emotions. If you feel danger when around one, then TRUST it. Horses are unpredictable.-Also be careful around young horses. They aren't puppies and will fight if they feel frightened, and so will the mother.Good luck! And have fun. They are a joy to have and be around. Don't know what I would do without them. I live for horses

• Read lots to become more knowledgeable. That's important. I have shelves of horse books.I also make tack and other horsey items for my model horses. I've always been into making miniature stuff and one day when I was missing my horses, I spotted my model and I began thinking of what I could make for them. I have my own little stable in my room, and I love this hobby. Model horses are becoming a huge hobby and it's lots of fun to make stuff for them.Also, to pass time, keep yourself busy. It really works.