What breed of dog is the most intelligent?

Has their ever been scientific studies on this subject? I find it cute how my vet sends out a birthday card for our dog like they could actually read. I have a lab and he is really smart, I would not be surprised if someone somehow taught their lab to…

Has their ever been scientific studies on this subject? I find it cute how my vet sends out a birthday card for our dog like they could actually read. I have a lab and he is really smart, I would not be surprised if someone somehow taught their lab to…...
    Dog Breed Discussions : What breed of dog is the most intelligent?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What breed of dog is the most intelligent?

What breed of dog is the most intelligent? Dog Breed Discussions
      Has their ever been scientific studies on this subject? I find it cute how my vet sends out a birthday card for our dog like they could actually read. I have a lab and he is really smart, I would not be surprised if someone somehow taught their lab to read.

What breed of dog is the most intelligent? Dog Breed Discussions
    • Brightest DogsUnderstanding of New Commands: Less than 5 repetitions.Obey First Command: 95% of the time or better.1Border Collie2Poodle3German Shepherd4Golden Retriever5Doberman Pinscher6Shetland Sheepdog7Labrador Retriever8Papillon9Rottweiler10Australian Cattle DogLowest Degree of Working/Obedience IntelligenceUnderstanding of New Commands: 80 to 100 repetitions or more.Obey First Command: 25% of the time or worse.70Shih Tzu71Basset Hound72Mastiff / Beagle73Pekingese74Bloodhound75Borzoi76Chow Chow77Bulldog78Basenji79Afghan Hound

• Hi,Dogs who were bred for jobs that require decision making, intelligence, and concentration, such as herding livestock, need to exercise their brains, just as dogs who were bred to run all day need to exercise their bodies. Check out this list of dog breeds who have the highest level of intelligence:http://xrl.us/bhhudq