How can they ban a pit bull "type" when the pit was bred from a terrier and bulldog?

The pit bull type means any dog that has pit features but if the pits ancestors were the <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=48d41fe81c1f57f7f913b32bda0e1b8c38f3993c">bulldog</a>... well then the American Bull would have similar features...?Chris if you cared to read my question you would noticeyour answer doesn't make sense.

How can they ban a pit bull "type" when the pit was bred from a terrier and bulldog?

The pit bull type means any dog that has pit features but if the pits ancestors were the <a href="https://dogencyclopedia.net/articles/entry/8-bulldog/?s=48d41fe81c1f57f7f913b32bda0e1b8c38f3993c">bulldog</a>... well then the American Bull would have similar features...?Chris if you cared to read my question you would noticeyour answer doesn't make sense....
    Dogs Training Discussions : How can they ban a pit bull "type" when the pit was bred from a terrier and bulldog?...

• How can they ban a pit bull "type" when the pit was bred from a terrier and bulldog?

How can they ban a pit bull "type" when the pit was bred from a terrier and bulldog? Dogs Training Discussions
      The pit bull type means any dog that has pit features but if the pits ancestors were the bulldog... well then the American Bull would have similar features...?Chris if you cared to read my question you would noticeyour answer doesn't make sense.

How can they ban a pit bull "type" when the pit was bred from a terrier and bulldog? Dogs Training Discussions
    • why the ban shouldn't work to methey call just about anything a pitthey have boxers and german shepherds on the list here for pits.have seen labs called pitswhy should be dog not breedohio is trying to do that right now.nuisance, dangerous, viciousinstead of pit bull

• Legislation is written and backed by those who have no idea what these dogs and their history/background truly are.The American Pit Bull Terrier aka Pit Bull is a singular breed.It's type would be Bulldog and Terrier or Bull and Terrier: http://www.bulldoginformation.com/bull-and-terrier-breeds.htmlThere is no Pit Bull Type as it belongs to another group or type itself.The legislation is typically fear based and the misnomer Pit Bull type is used to cover any and all breeds that have similar distinguishing characteristics.This gives those enacting and enforcing more wiggle room as they wouldn't be able to properly identify any of the breeds typically affected.

• They can, because they did.It's a damn fool law, written in haste and put simply - it just doesn't work. That's one reason why I tend not to trust the government. If something isn't perfect, and a simple change could make it 10x better - I still wouldn't want a government to get involved because of their ability to make things 10x worse.ETA: @Bob. It's not the questionmer's silly logic, it's the silly logic of the tory government that introduced the asinine law, and the fault of the labour (new tory) government that retained it despite 20 years of failure by every measure that could possibly be applied to it.