What do you assume cats think about us humans?

I am never too sure as sometimes my cat studies me with apparent distaste or she maybe very affectionate. I want to know whether cats wants to be our friends like dogs or do they think of in terms of "Better be nice because I want good food!"

I am never too sure as sometimes my cat studies me with apparent distaste or she maybe very affectionate. I want to know whether cats wants to be our friends like dogs or do they think of in terms of "Better be nice because I want good food!"...
    Dogs Training Discussions : What do you assume cats think about us humans?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What do you assume cats think about us humans?

What do you assume cats think about us humans? Dogs Training Discussions
      I am never too sure as sometimes my cat studies me with apparent distaste or she maybe very affectionate. I want to know whether cats wants to be our friends like dogs or do they think of in terms of "Better be nice because I want good food!"

What do you assume cats think about us humans? Dogs Training Discussions
    • I know its a long winded answer, but I got this e-mail the other day which rather sums it up.Cat DiaryDay 983 of my captivityMy captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, whilst the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets.Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped that this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about What a good little hunter I am. Bastards!!!There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies'. I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet whilst he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow....but at the top of the stairs.I am convinced that the other Prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released..and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.

• cat's have a personality all their own. and each one is different. some cats, like mine, want attention and will do whatever it takes to get it. even if it's negative. cat's are also way more independant than dogs are. or at least they want us to think so. yeah we have to feed them, and change the litter box. but other than that, they maintain themselves, unlike dogs who have to be walked, bathed, and a multitude of other things. pondering what your cat thinks about you could take a lifetime. instead just enjoy him/her and have fun. they're never around long enough.

• Cats think we're their slaves and they also think they can make us do their bidding by using mental telepathy. They also hate the way we smell. However, they also know better than to bite the hand that feeds them, so they try to be affectionate. Some cats are affectionate by nature and seek us out as a source of pleasure (petting and scritching). Some cats think they own us, hence the rubbing to mark us as their own. Cats are just plain hard to figure out. Whenever I have a problem with my cats I try to look at things from their point of view -- without much success, though. My cats think I'm a stupid, smelly slave.

• My cat and i have something special. She was a rescue from the RSPCA in 1999 and is now 10 years old. She has always been a very timid cat and it has only really been in the last few years that she has truely become herself.She follows me into the bathroom and sits on the bath with her paw our to me to get me to fuss her, she sits on my desk with me while i am on the computer, last night as with most nights when hubby is on night shift she slept with me, but this time she rested her chin on my nose!I do think cats do see her as "inferior beings" but i also believe you can earn their trust, and so their love.

• Hahaha these answers are all so funny. Apparent distate sums it up so nicely doesn't it?Mine seem to think I'm, gosh I don't know. Why is it that my big old cat went out the back door and managed to get round the front of our villa to whinge at the front door an hour ago? I let her in. Now as I type I hear it meowing its fat head off at the bloomin' front door again!!! Apparently I have nothing better to do! 'Scuse me whilst I let her back in...And at that, my other cat (hand-raised) somehow decided in his infinite siamese wisdom that I actually enjoy it when he jumps on my bed at 3am and bites my feet and then runs away. Hmmm

• Aww what a great question!! Judging by the behaviour of my Daisy and Gabriela - I think they love us very much, but think we are rather stupid at times lol!! They clearly think that they have the measure of us, and they are MUCH more intelligent than we are and tolerate our silly behaviour because they just KNOW that they call the shots, and are far cleverer than we are!! >^..^< xxxx